PDA

View Full Version : why do my swaybar end links do this?

DougMangi
11-12-2004, 01:39 PM
if you look to the right... you can see that my swaybar end links are jacked to the side a little, is this ok? yes i know i need discos, but i just want to know if this is normal

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/429000-429999/429578_85_full.jpg

Kraqa
11-12-2004, 06:22 PM
it does that mostlikly because you raxle is not centered under the vehicle. adjust your track bar.

robselina
11-12-2004, 10:56 PM
the swaybars have some play in them too, you can move them 0.5" side to side. I've seen guys run hose clamps around them next to the bushings to hold them in place.

Are they both sitting to one side or are they angled in (looks like it from the pics). stock links are offset, so straight ones like that will tilt in if no spacer is used....

OverkillZJ
11-12-2004, 11:45 PM
the swaybars have some play in them too, you can move them 0.5" side to side. I've seen guys run hose clamps around them next to the bushings to hold them in place.

Are they both sitting to one side or are they angled in (looks like it from the pics). stock links are offset, so straight ones like that will tilt in if no spacer is used....

Yup, I don't think they look that off. I think all of our sways move left and right in the bushines a lil' bit.