PDA

View Full Version : I'm not a traitor!

Sandy R
10-30-2004, 09:41 PM
Did it! Ordered a 2005 Unlimited Rubicon with all options through Don-a-vee Jeep's internet sales. I'm paying $28,100. Jeep Warehouse is $27,900 for the same package but then I would also need to pay several hundred additional dollars to have it handled by a local dealer. Suffice to say, I'm happy with my deal. I wanted to give Donavee my business if possible due to their solid sponsorship of many Jeep Jamborees, and in particular, the Big Bear Jeep Jamboree where they donate their mechanics to deal with trail carnage and they also donate many prizes to their raffle.

I'm a long time ZJ owner (over 10 years) and damn straight I'm keeping it! And now, I'm a first time Wrangler owner. I'm told to expect delivery in mid to late January.

OverkillZJ
10-30-2004, 10:03 PM
You traiter ;)

Swamp boy
10-31-2004, 12:01 PM
Ditto...

:lol:

Are you gonna wheel the Grand and DD in the Wrangler... That would be cool.. :D

Sandy R
10-31-2004, 06:27 PM
Ditto...

:lol:

Are you gonna wheel the Grand and DD in the Wrangler... That would be cool.. :D

Exactly! ...that is until I can't abstain any longer. :lol:

MaineZJ
10-31-2004, 06:57 PM
oooh, DD a rubi- what a great way to spend money

Vonzipper
02-11-2005, 01:51 AM
Sandy,

There is a long armed rubi here in pleasanton that is bitchin, looks like a RE kit and then a ton of ARB bits and pieces. after a while the grand is like driving a wet cardboard box....lol

Sandy R
02-11-2005, 02:27 AM
Sandy,

There is a long armed rubi here in pleasanton that is bitchin, looks like a RE kit and then a ton of ARB bits and pieces. after a while the grand is like driving a wet cardboard box....lol

I plan to just sit tight for a while before I do any mods. The only change that I plan to do soon is discos. I just went through the whole ZJ and it's running strong so that will stay my wheeler. There is a lot that i could do on the TJ but it's pretty well setup from the factory with the Rubicon package.

JeepinHank
02-11-2005, 10:38 AM
I've seen several TJ's running the RE LA Kits. The ones that get wheeled like they should all have bends in at least one of the arms.

Then again that may just be the driver. lol

Congrats on the Rubi. If I didn't have so much time and $ in the ZJ, I'd love to build one of those.

You're right - they're awesome right out of the box. Undeniably one of the most capable offroad vehicles ever produced on such a large scale.

FinlayZJ
02-11-2005, 11:39 AM
If you are ever going to wheel that Rubi, the first thing you'll want to do is get rid of the shovel, aka the t-case/tranny skidplate/crossmember.

Also, check out www.rubiconownersforum.com

Unlike you, I completely sold out :twisted:

Nordic1
02-11-2005, 03:35 PM
Clayton's 4 link on the Rubi 8)

BlaineWasHere
03-05-2006, 01:10 PM
Wheel em both!

Krash80
03-05-2006, 03:08 PM
Wheel em both!

good thing you brought back this year old post for that. :toimonst:

BlaineWasHere
03-05-2006, 09:18 PM
good thing you brought back this year old post for that. :toimonst:

Yea so I did... who the hell looks at the dates anyway? I'm new around here do I get alittle slack?

2jeepsforus
03-05-2006, 11:34 PM
Before everyone else beats me too it....

EAT SHIT

welcome to MC :smt038

no slack here... a good majority are angry and quite verbal :smt070

BlaineWasHere
03-05-2006, 11:45 PM
Before everyone else beats me too it....

EAT SHIT

welcome to MC :smt038

no slack here... a good majority are angry and quite verbal :smt070

Sweet! Just how I like it! Tell it like it is! :butthead:

Krash80
03-06-2006, 03:18 AM
Yea so I did... who the hell looks at the dates anyway? I'm new around here do I get alittle slack?

NO SLACK....learn to read dates bitch! :flipoff2:

and I guess since this thread was brought back up to the top....

How are you liking the rubicon Sandy? Modified/wheeled it at all?

rob92xj
03-08-2006, 10:42 AM
How about it a year in review with the Rubi...
With what JeepinHank said about the RE long arms on a TJ yeah we get them in with at least one being bent at the dealership usually with a complaint of it pulling like crazy.