PDA

View Full Version : Chalupa buildup?

MaineZJ
10-27-2004, 10:28 AM
trying to make a webpage of ZJ buggies to waste some time....

any buildup shots of Chalupa?

Kraqa
10-28-2004, 12:40 AM
strictly bggies or just hard core ZJ's. some people wheel harder then the buggied ones but likea full bodied jeep.

JpRngr
10-28-2004, 01:31 AM
PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you links to what little I have. You might see if Big Dave or Colorado5.9 have some. They took more than I did.

Kraqa - Are you saying your Jeep sees more hard core than the buggy ZJ's? If so post up some pics, cause the last trail I did your full body wouldn't have been so full bodied afterward. I'm not saying I'm hard core, but I wanna see pics! :D

Corey

Cody
10-28-2004, 06:05 PM
Which buggied ZJ's do you wheel harder than exactly?

I guess I can only speak for the 3 that I've personally wheeled (Clayton, Corey, Brentt) with, but I know that there isn't a fullbodied ZJ in this world that would go where I've seen those three go.

I've wheeled with enough people to know that my rig is far from hard core and I am far from it as well. But I know I hit it harder than any of the full bodied guys I've met.

Cody

Alaska ZJ
10-28-2004, 07:24 PM
Kraqa just has "Tube" envy....

robselina
10-29-2004, 11:41 PM
there's no where my chop top waggy will go that a full bodied waggy (trashed to hell granted) with the same mods wouldn't, so I sort of agree with Kraqa....

Kraqa
10-30-2004, 12:03 AM
i never said mine was hard core or that i was. well except for my sig but hey what ever.

im just saying in general, i mean i'v done alot of work. mine will be a buggy hopfully this winter but i i just thought it would be sad to narrow it down to just buggy's. i mean there sweet full bodied rigs too. man i'm drunk. can i get a whoo whooo.

MaineZJ
10-30-2004, 10:27 AM
http://forum.neow.net/index.php?showtopic=30307

that's how this started... I just wanted to make a site with some before/during/after ZJ buggie work to show some of the unknowing

Cody
10-30-2004, 02:55 PM
I know there are people who wheel the shit out of their fullbodied grands, and in a way they are way more hardcore than I am (beating on a 20-40k DD takes some balls).

But I know for a fact that there are trails that I've done that no full bodied ZJ could get through or up--just too much weight and body in the way. My rig is too big, too wide, and too heavy for the trials I run and it's a fraction of what a full bodied rig of similar build would be.

Cody

Swamp boy
10-31-2004, 11:49 AM
Oh yeah.............................................. ..............

Oh yeah.............................................. ...............

Um... OK.. :lol:

I have seen enough pictures of your rig on trails to know that I wont try to follow you.. (At least not as long as I want to keep a roof over my head.. ) :D

Kraqa
10-31-2004, 04:42 PM
ya, i here what your saying. around here its alot of off camber and stumps and muddy rocks so wider is better and a full body rig.....welll i think any ORV could loose some sheet metal.

robselina
10-31-2004, 07:35 PM
I know there are people who wheel the shit out of their fullbodied grands, and in a way they are way more hardcore than I am (beating on a 20-40k DD takes some balls).

But I know for a fact that there are trails that I've done that no full bodied ZJ could get through or up--just too much weight and body in the way. My rig is too big, too wide, and too heavy for the trials I run and it's a fraction of what a full bodied rig of similar build would be.

Cody

sheet metal bends, and I don't think the top of my rig weighed more than 100 lbs. There are other ways to get clearance and shave weight w/o loosing the top...

MaineZJ
10-31-2004, 08:05 PM
4 doors, rear hatch and top weigh quite a bit..

Cody
10-31-2004, 08:55 PM
sheet metal bends, and I don't think the top of my rig weighed more than 100 lbs. There are other ways to get clearance and shave weight w/o loosing the top...

Yeah, sheetmetal bends, but it also grabs, pinches, and holds.

Trust me on this. i know there are totally different types of trails around the country, but where I wheel, fullbody doesn't work.

Trust me, full bodied rigs just don't fit ;)

http://www.fototime.com/E4249959224238D/standard.jpg

Cody

Kraqa
10-31-2004, 09:10 PM
nice pic. i on;ly wish there was that type of terrain around here.

robselina
11-01-2004, 05:50 PM
[quote=robselina]
Trust me, full bodied rigs just don't fit ;)

http://www.fototime.com/E4249959224238D/standard.jpg

Cody

LOL, see, i'd say it's fitting quite nicely :lol:

Going OT here - but I really need to even out my body damage on the waggy. I seem to usually hug stuff on the drivers side when in doubt, so the drivers side is just rallied, while the passenger side has trashed rockers but the rest of the pannels look okay :? :lol:

JpRngr
11-02-2004, 02:06 AM
It may be fitting, but please note the lack of glass. There may be a rear window(probably plexiglas or something) but no side glass. To me, the reason to have a full bodied rig would be to protect yourself from the elements. I don't see keeping the glass in your windows with the trails out here, so why try? Less sheetmetal and glass, the less that will hold you up.

Corey

Cody
11-02-2004, 02:48 AM
ohh, there was glass at the beginning of that day.

Cody

Alaska ZJ
11-02-2004, 10:38 AM
Funny as hell...

"Why would you do this?"

in reference to all the buggies.....lol.

Buggies are cool. I love the Chuggy.

But I would trade it for a full bodied grand in 2 seconds. I am excluded from almost ALL winter wheeling now. And that sucks.