PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Cell

Nordic1
10-21-2004, 01:35 AM
Well I pulled a stupid and drilled from the cargo compartment strait down (and those who know what and where that is are probably laughing right now). So for the time being I'm going to plug the holes and consider my options. ONE of my options is to just get another stock gas tank and the other option (TWO) is to get a fuel cell.

I'd like to run the cell in the stock location so if that means I need to cut upward into the cargo area, I will. And obviously I need a cell with foam lining, a fuel sender with the right ohm resistance (don't need this but it'd be cool to have a working fuel guage) as well as fuel lines in and out and a breather line to go to the smog crap.

Any chance people who are running fuel cells could share their experiances with them. Thanks!

Alaska ZJ
10-21-2004, 01:59 AM
stock tank.

Your a fuckin moron.

Nordic1
10-21-2004, 03:02 AM
lol thanks, make me feel better

nate
10-21-2004, 06:11 AM
How big is the hole? If it's small enough, I'd just plug it with some RTV.

gearhead313
10-21-2004, 09:01 AM
when i fuel cell, i'll get a 20gallon and prolly sink it halfway b/w the floor under my spare...

they make all kinda different kinds that you could pick from to try to tuck it away for your application.

Cody
10-21-2004, 11:15 AM
Fuel cells are a PITA and not worth the time and money you spend to get it done.

Nordic1
10-22-2004, 01:47 AM
the holes are smaller than 1/32"... I'm just going to plug them and call it tits for now.

cherokeekid
10-22-2004, 03:41 AM
use some ivory soap works great on gas tank leaks.

you ever wheel,.. or just throw money at that thing?

Nordic1
10-22-2004, 03:50 AM
lol I wheel... just nothing fun like the Rubicon (yet), moab or those kinda places. Where I live, good wheeling is atleast 2-3 hours away so I am kinda left with OHV parks like Holister (where they host top truck challange from 4 wheeler magazine every year), Frank Reigns (a crappy little park but it has a cool dried up creek bed with good sized boulders in it) and some parts of highway 4. I work full time and go to school full time so for the time being I am going to throw money at it and build it up (and a little wheeling but the places I want to go to right now are snowed in or are ablazed in forest fires). Come springtime, I'll be up in the sierras a whole bunch.

Swamp boy
10-22-2004, 08:12 PM
Wheeling in a forest fire sounds cool..

Im in.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Holes that small can easily be plugged... But the crappy part is you are probobly going to have to drop the tank to plug them.and that sucks... :cry:

Nordic1
10-22-2004, 08:23 PM
I'm cool with dropping the tank... I'll prob be doing it tomorrow morning

I'll be getting rid of that stupid fucking check engine light