PDA

View Full Version : machined flattop knuckles

speedmontzj
10-14-2004, 02:11 PM
anybody know a source for already machined flattops with studs? i need some by say monday. the 44 im running has them but nobody in this town will even touch machining it. bluetorch will machine them for 80 bucks, but said it would take a week and a 1/2. shakerbuilt sells them for 200 a set, but is out right now. i do not want to buy the new aftermarket jobs. 395.00 i think is the cheapest i have found and i do not want to dump that into this axle. it will be loaded on the jerr-dan monday evening to be moved out of the shop along with all my tools, bender, etc. so if i cant find anything i will slap something together to get it on the dan , but would rather not tear into it again to send the knuckles off.

speedmontzj
10-14-2004, 02:47 PM
feel free to move it to the steering section.

robselina
10-14-2004, 05:55 PM
if you've got flat tops, and the arms, I can't see why nobody would want to machine them. If you don't have the arms and hardware, then yea, it's an issue, but with them it should be cake. Keep calling machine shops, there's got to be one out there who'll do it.

(BTW, cost me $60 to machine both my knuckles)

speedmontzj
10-14-2004, 10:19 PM
i found 1 that said he would, but it would cost me 150.00 bucks :shock: and take a week for him to get 2 it. i guess i will put some together just to get it out of the shop and worry about it later.

Krash80
10-14-2004, 11:49 PM
150$ is way too steep for that. I'd say there's less than an hours work involved, so 50-60$ would be fair.
If ya didn't live so far away i'd say bring them on over and i'd do them for you for a couple beers.
Good luck,
-Ron-

robselina
10-15-2004, 11:30 AM
that being the case, just drill and tap the holes yourself and get on the trail....