PDA

View Full Version : Moab Oct 9-10

Cody
10-13-2004, 02:51 AM
I met up with a bunch of local dudes and some others from Colorado4x4.org. We had a good time. Most of us ran Pritchet once on sat (My friend shane and I ran it twice--we had to go find a steering box for one of the guys on our trail) and then Rusty Nail on sunday.

My casualty list:

1 MTR (which makes 2 now in 2 weeks)
1 760 joint. This is cool---the cap is broken into 3 pieces, but it's still holding since the cap is welded in. Bitchin!

1 sector shaft on a 1 ton YJ
1 driveline on a big-blocked scrambler
1 driveline on same 1 ton YJ
1 flop on rockpile by same 1 ton YJ

What I've learned:

-Time for new tires. 38's or 39.5's?
-Still need stronger front axle
-Need to add fluid to my tranny (on an optional climb on rusty nail it would stop and go as pressure built up. that sucked)
-Even the nicest rig can break on rocker knocker if you don't know the right line.

I'll see if I can dig up some pics from the other boards.

Cody

JpRngr
10-13-2004, 03:17 AM
Sweet. Glad to hear you had fun. We went down and did Indy on Sat. Not a full size friendly trail! At least not with me spotting! :lol: My buddies 79 Bronco doesn't have a strait panel left on it! :lol: No pics cause our picture whore (BigDave) decided he'd rather sleep! :lol:

Our parts list:

Mine:
Upper Radiator Hose (Makes quite the smoke show when it leaks down onto the air filter that sits behind it normally, think nose up).
Winch Rope - Pretty cool watching rope break, would have been real spooky with stock cable. Found out how to field fix a rope.

Bronco:
More body panels.
Front Track Bar Bracket.

Corey

BigDaveZJ
10-13-2004, 03:34 AM
YEa yea yea picutre whore whatever.