PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum line to the battery tray?

Kraqa
10-03-2004, 09:46 PM
I was taking the remaining components of my AC system out of my engin bay so that i can continue with my OBA setup and making lines to tub out the front fender wells and the battery tray has a weird box with a vacuum line going to it. when i unpligged the vacuum line i herd a huge suction and i'm wondering what the hell this is. i herd something about a batteyr heater in the winter but this had no electrical. do i need it i want to remove that plate (it is 3" thick) and cut away the inner fender then replace it with some sheet metal to gain clearance just wondering if it is important to keep that vacuum thing.

AprilzWarrior
10-04-2004, 12:57 AM
When I installed NorCalJr's Kilby OBA I moved the Battery to the Firewall and just slipped THAT canister between the wall and Batt and left it hooked up... IF it was my rig... FUCK IT... Ive worked on engines from the turn of the century as well as most modern and it looks like emissions shit to me...

Im no expert, thats JMO.

AW :D

Nordic1
10-04-2004, 02:58 AM
if you ditch the vacuum resvior, won't that screw up your AC controls... (or perhaps it won't) like that time yours came unplugged Jerod and your defroster came on every time you hit the gas.

BigDaveZJ
10-04-2004, 03:40 AM
IIRC that's your vaccuum canister and I believe it is kinda necessary. Start her up without it hooked up and see what happens I guess.

LouisianaZJ
10-04-2004, 04:47 AM
if its the vac. reservoir it just provides vac when the engine is not producing enough on its own. i have heard lots of people just plug the line and do away with the reservoir.

Kraqa
10-04-2004, 03:13 PM
so it has nothing to do with the battery tho right. just a conveinient spot for DC to put a vacume resevoir?

Swamp boy
10-04-2004, 09:30 PM
Fuck it... Who needs it... :D :D

bigrubbers4x4
10-05-2004, 03:48 AM
well, that little vaccumn box under the battery tray is for your cruise contol. if you disconnect it you wont have cruise anymore, so if you dont use it anyway, which i do all the time, get rid of it. i knwo this cause i just put my 318 back into my 94 grand and was asking myself the same question. thank god i have 2 other V-8 grands i could sneak peeks under the hood and find out where it went, and what it was hooked to.

Kraqa
10-06-2004, 03:33 PM
i'l relocate it this weekend.