PDA

View Full Version : E-mail notification?

Kraqa
10-02-2004, 02:41 PM
any one else not get any e-mail notification from this board?

LouisianaZJ
10-02-2004, 07:39 PM
yup
sometimes i get them but most of the time not

BigDaveZJ
10-02-2004, 08:33 PM
It's an issue with the hosting service. It's been something I've trying to get fixed for the 3 months this board has been up now.

Kraqa
10-02-2004, 11:37 PM
i just wanted to see if it was just me.

OverkillZJ
10-03-2004, 01:20 AM
i just wanted to see if it was just me.

Not just you, it's a problem that Dave's been pissed about for awhile. I'm trying to get the email routing through one of my servers at the moment to see if we can get it working again...

Then on to finding some good smileys.... :roll:

:wink:

OverkillZJ
10-03-2004, 09:38 AM
Anyone getting the damn emails yet? :?:..

Kraqa
10-03-2004, 02:04 PM
just glad its not a anti-canadian thing :D :D :D :D

OverkillZJ
10-04-2004, 11:18 PM
Anyone getting the damn emails yet? :?:..

...I'll take that as a "hell no"

eh?

bigrubbers4x4
10-08-2004, 12:28 AM
i have never recieved on yet.

OverkillZJ
10-22-2004, 04:05 PM
i have never recieved on yet.

Ya... It's rare that I say I can't figure it out, but hell, I can't get it working. I think it's a server issue. Dave and I have been talking about moving it to one of my servers and off of the shared hosting that it's on anyway to make it free, then we'd have more control, but as I'm hella busy it'll proably be around new years.

Sorry guys.

Jeepinparrothead
11-28-2004, 12:30 AM
I don't think amybody is getting the PMs I know I sent one to you, Matt and it is still sitting in my outbox. It hasn't sent yet. Unless........you are just don't want to talk to me. :(

OverkillZJ
11-28-2004, 01:10 PM
I don't think amybody is getting the PMs I know I sent one to you, Matt and it is still sitting in my outbox. It hasn't sent yet. Unless........you are just don't want to talk to me. :(

PM's are working, it will remain in your outbox until the person you sent it to reads it :)

E-mail notifications are down again, and there's really nothing Dave and I can do about it until we migrate the site to a new server (and off of this cheapass shared hosting.) Daves host has disabled whats called the "internal mail function" which is what allows the PHP code of the board to send emails out. We also have the option to use an SMTP server (the way most email is sent) - but I can only get this working part of the time, as then the board has another step when posting. You may have seen some "smtp server unreachable" errors while I was playing around with it last week.

I'll soon have a new Linux box for my business that I'm going to let dave throw Mallcrawlin on, and we're going to throw pghoffroad.com on it as well. It's faster than JU's server, and the hampster doesn't get tired as fast. And it SENDS MAIL!

OverkillZJ
11-28-2004, 01:11 PM

PM's are working, it will remain in your outbox until the person you sent it to reads it :)

E-mail notifications are down again, and there's really nothing Dave and I can do about it until we migrate the site to a new server (and off of this cheapass shared hosting.) Daves host has disabled whats called the "internal mail function" which is what allows the PHP code of the board to send emails out. We also have the option to use an SMTP server (the way most email is sent) - but I can only get this working part of the time, as then the board has another step when posting. You may have seen some "smtp server unreachable" errors while I was playing around with it last week.

I'll soon have a new Linux box for my business that I'm going to let dave throw Mallcrawlin on, and we're going to throw pghoffroad.com on it as well. It's faster than JU's server, and the hampster doesn't get tired as fast. And it SENDS MAIL!

BigDaveZJ
11-28-2004, 01:50 PM
It's faster than JU's server

Cuz THAT says a lot!

Kraqa
12-04-2004, 06:16 PM
Great sig dave.

OverkillZJ
12-04-2004, 07:29 PM
Great sig dave.

LOL, crap, I didn't know he put that in there til you mentioned it...

I'll get him back...

OverkillZJ
12-14-2004, 11:16 PM
teeeeeeeeeeeest.........eeeeeeeeeeeeesssssss...... .....

OverkillZJ
12-14-2004, 11:17 PM
....doin' the happy dance...

Kraqa
12-15-2004, 12:09 AM
i'm happy.

BigDaveZJ
12-15-2004, 12:25 AM

That's nice, cuz I'm doing the "I have bounced emails in my inbox" dance!

OverkillZJ
12-15-2004, 09:31 AM

That's nice, cuz I'm doing the "I have bounced emails in my inbox" dance!

I wasn't doing the happy dance cause the email was working (cause uh, it's not, cause uh, you're web- are bastards who won't let me use the internal mail function...)

I was doing the happy dance... Just to do the happy dance (or because finals are over.)

Ok, I'm gonna do the happy dance all the way to DC now!

OverkillZJ
01-27-2005, 10:13 PM
Is anyone, by chance, getting notifications?

I've got the new server built (though this site is still on the old one) and I'm relaying email through the new server. According to the logs, it says that it's going out to all of you, and it isn't bouncing back. But I'm gettin' nada.

Anyone get any over the last 2 days?

OverkillZJ
01-28-2005, 12:53 AM
Ok. All fixed.