PDA

View Full Version : Axle ID help Chevy Express Van

nathaniel
09-22-2004, 05:57 PM
I need some help IDing this axle or to se if its worth having.

This is what I know its a dana 60-70 with disk brakes and 3.73's. What I need to find out is if there are upgrades available? and the lug pattern size and if its a 60, 70 or something else.
nathaniel

robselina
09-22-2004, 06:01 PM
actually, if it's 3/4 or 1 ton vait, it's probably a GM14 bolt. The van variety is the wider style available, unless you want to go REALLY wide and have a D60 front it's not really worth much to you. They're super stout, great axles, but they're also dime a dozen. As for upgrades, yes they make them, but there's no reason to sink money into a 14 bolt, the beauty of them is that they come beefy as hell stock. It's a 8 on 6.5" bolt pattern btw. If it's a newer van, or the 0.5 ton and some 3/4 tons, it could either be the 10 bolt, 12 bolt or weak 14 bolt (semi-floater). If it's not a full floater, it's not the 14 bolt.

nathaniel
09-23-2004, 12:08 AM
I know its a dana rear Has an easy to see and read dana emblem on the cover. I know its full floater. What I need to know is what it is (60, 70)? And the bolt pattern as I dont want some oddball metric bolt pattern. The van its in is a 11-14 pass cargo van that was in a head on and the motor is basically in the drivers seat so there isn't any way to id the vehicle other than the sticker on it.

actually, if it's 3/4 or 1 ton vait, it's probably a GM14 bolt. The van variety is the wider style available, unless you want to go REALLY wide and have a D60 front it's not really worth much to you. They're super stout, great axles, but they're also dime a dozen. As for upgrades, yes they make them, but there's no reason to sink money into a 14 bolt, the beauty of them is that they come beefy as hell stock. It's a 8 on 6.5" bolt pattern btw. If it's a newer van, or the 0.5 ton and some 3/4 tons, it could either be the 10 bolt, 12 bolt or weak 14 bolt (semi-floater). If it's not a full floater, it's not the 14 bolt.

Alaska ZJ
09-23-2004, 09:12 AM
Take a picture or crawl your happy ass under there and look. Get the BOM and look it up on patoyee.com

If you don't know the BOM or where to find it, then I suggest you read the "AXLE IDENTIFICATION CHART" thread.

nathaniel
09-23-2004, 09:44 AM
Take a picture or crawl your happy ass under there and look. Get the BOM and look it up on patoyee.com

If you don't know the BOM or where to find it, then I suggest you read the "AXLE IDENTIFICATION CHART" thread.

Alaska, Do you still need the steering shaft for the zj?

I know where the bom is at but I didn't feel like crawlinging under. I checked to see if it was stamped in the corner with 60 or 70 but didn't see it. I tried the payotee.com but it isn't a valid website. MAybe a typo alaska.

Alaska ZJ
09-24-2004, 09:45 AM
Typo-

http://www.patooyee.com/

Yah I could still use that steering shaft. bamblair@min.midco.net and we can work out a price and shipping.