PDA

View Full Version : alright, which sensor this time :rolleyes:

robselina
09-21-2004, 10:31 PM
Well, it'll have to wait 'till I get back from Moab (leaving tomorrow, back monday evening) but another sensor seems to be on the fritz on the grand.

For reference, it's a 95 ZJ, 5.2L. I replaced the AIC, TPS, O2 sensor, plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor, PCV (or whatever that thing is called, the crank case vent) and cleaned the throttle body and replaced the fuel filter all less than 10k miles ago. I replaced the air filter earlier this week, ran some injector cleaner through it.....

Anyway, it's not throwing any codes, but it's starting to idle weird and getting hard to start (having to crank it a little longer than I think I should) and it also starts kinda odd - it will jump really high on the RPM sometimes (over 2500), then others it will barely go over 1500 then drop so low it amost dies and then levels out.... Also, just for reference, I'm not entirely sure if the serpentine belt is as tight as it should be. Reason i say that is that the power steering will give out for a split second there at low RPM in parking lots and stuff. Might just be the RPMs dropping too low but I'll mention it incase it's significant. Serpentine belt, water pump and idler pulley all replaced about 5k miles ago.....

So what's the verdict, another AIC or TPS?

Kraqa
09-21-2004, 10:36 PM
map maybe?

Tommy
09-27-2004, 03:52 PM
I had a similar issue but my ZJ would just turn off and then turn back on. It happend several times on the freeway, and it would just die at stop lights. I replaced the TPS, CPS, etc, etc. Ended up being the ECU.

robselina
09-27-2004, 05:36 PM
well, since I posted this the power steering pump has taken a dump on me. I'm replacing it tomorrow. Maybe it was presenting an irregular load or something....kind of a long shot I realize, but I'll see how it drives after I replace the pump....

robselina
10-01-2004, 04:51 PM
replaced PS pump, jeep idles and starts normally now....go figure :roll:

OverkillZJ
10-01-2004, 07:01 PM
replaced PS pump, jeep idles and starts normally now....go figure :roll:

You could be right about that irregular load...

I imagine a failing pump could cause a great deal of friction against the serpentine belt :?: