PDA

View Full Version : tranny solenoid replacement help

BrodyZJ
09-21-2004, 03:09 PM
Hey all, so after a little day trip on sat (The Mounds for my fellow michiganders) of wheelin, the jeep threw some codes...
the usual #12...

a #21 ( O2 sensor which was "removed" from my ghetto rigged exhaust in a mud pit)...New exhaust going in this week or next no worries

and a #45 -Overdrive solenoid - open or shorted condition detected in overdrive solenoid circuit. (from NAGCA). I have had some mild surging and vibes in overdrive lately, thinking this is probably the cause.

After a little research found out you have to replace all solenoids and wiring harness if one goes. Does anyone have a write up or process/tips for doing this? Can they all be accessed from the pan? Price? Trying to get some more info before my DD gets sidelined. 96 4.0L I6 laredo. Thanks
Ryan

PS. I read raacerx thread "trans. letting go" and may just try the new filter/fluid and see what happens. thanks

nathaniel
09-22-2004, 05:59 PM
they dont have to replaced all at once. I just replaced my governor pressure sensor after smashing it 93 4.0 42re

BrodyZJ
09-23-2004, 09:32 AM
Thanks, good to know I can just replace the OD. How much was it? and scale of 1 to 10 how hard to do? Time? sorry for all the Q's Im not to familiar with trans. work. Thanks again