PDA

View Full Version : Transporting Welder, Quick Question!

Raacerx
09-17-2004, 12:28 PM
Some quick help needed and I'll delete this.

Whats the best way to transport my Millermatic in the back of a pickup? Is it ok to lay it down on its side? Should I remove the tank if I do that? Would that screw anything up if it was laying down in the back of a truck? Or should I keep it upright? Its a heavy f0cker and the drive is about an hour and a half, with some windey roads.

Thanks.

MaineZJ
09-17-2004, 12:44 PM
what if you stand it up right against the front of the bed, going side to side?
should be able to tie it off pretty good that way.

maybe unhook the gas line / or regulator if you worry about it

Raacerx
09-17-2004, 06:44 PM
Hmm, I cant delete it. Can a moderator delete this thread? I got it secured down fine, kinda a dumb question but I wanted to be sure I didnt need more then one or 2 ratchet straps.

EDIT: PS. Lifting a 210 Millermatic into the back of a 6" lifted Chevy half ton on 36s isnt very fun, especially with only 2 people.

Alaska ZJ
09-18-2004, 09:28 AM
Hmm, I cant delete it. Can a moderator delete this thread? I got it secured down fine, kinda a dumb question but I wanted to be sure I didnt need more then one or 2 ratchet straps.

EDIT: PS. Lifting a 210 Millermatic into the back of a 6" lifted Chevy half ton on 36s isnt very fun, especially with only 2 people.

Eat your wheaties punk.

I would suggest that you take the spool out of it. Specially if it is a full 44 pounder.

I would also take the tank off unless it is strapped onto your machine better than mine is strapped to my lincoln.

Other than that...move on you Liberal Weenie.