PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Manifold

Steigs
09-15-2004, 12:55 PM
When reinstalling the header bolts, do I need to worry about the "spec torque" as long as everything is seated well and tightened? I've had to get a bit creative to get a few of the lower bolts out and don't think I'll be able to get a torque wrench on them when they go back in.

gearhead313
09-15-2004, 01:49 PM
if you have to use a small wrench or something, i'd say snug them up the best you can. Get a feel for how tight others will go on if you are torquing them, then try to get the same feel on the tough ones.

Steigs
09-15-2004, 03:52 PM
Cool, thanks. That's kinda what I figured. This is, to date, the largest job I've done myself. It's definitely a pain in the ass, but it's fun. I realize it's small potatos compared to the average repair/modification done by this group, but it's because of the knowledge gained through reading through stuff like that here and on NAGCA that I even considered doing this. Kudos to Dave and Brentt and all the other guys for helping us "first-timers".

And of course, thanks to you, gearhead, for the reply :)

:thumbsup:

Steigs
09-15-2004, 10:48 PM
It lives...

Only running the header right now, exhaust goes on tomorrow. Having fun freaking the dogs out :D

There's already a writeup on this on NAGCA, but I'll post pics if anyone wants em.