PDA

View Full Version : Spring Creek 9-12-04

Mtn WJ
09-14-2004, 10:01 PM
I had a great time on Spring Creek last Sunday. Scott Colorado 5.9, Sam with a CJ, Sams Son Sean with a YJ and a new to the Colorado scene Sean with a TJ were there too. Typical with trails close to the Denver area there were a lot of others on the trail. Fortunately we were just ahead of the comedy troup of young kids with ill prepared rigs. This is my 4th or 5th time running this trail and my first time running the rock garden. I made it to say the least. It was a goofy line I admit. The trail seems to be getting more challenging by the year and unfortunately more popular.

3 of us had a little carnage the CJ broke a hub and an axle ujoint, Scott damaged his front fog light mount and I cracked my centerlink bar on my steering. A little trail repairs and we were good to go again. Spring Creek seems to always comand a little bit of carnage. We did a little battery powered arc welding to get my steering back in order.

Scott and Sam are two of my favorite people to wheel with and as usual we had a good time.

I did not bring a camera this trip so perhaps Scott will post his trail pics otherwise you can see them on colorado4x4.org in the trip reports section.

Keith

Colorado 5.9
09-18-2004, 04:47 AM
Keith, you forgot to mention your litttle mishap. :mrgreen:

The fog light is all fixed thanks to JB weld. :D

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=3778105093

Mtn WJ
09-20-2004, 09:31 PM
Umm Scott I am not so sure I forgot to mention but now that you did. I drove up too close to the edge and my passenger side began to slip downward off the side. Scott pulled me from the front while we leased my hitch to a tree for a pivot to kee the back from sliding down. The rocks were very loose.