PDA

View Full Version : radius arm install in a zj?

POSJEEP
09-09-2004, 11:01 AM
i'm woundering if anyone has installed a arms in there zj. im thinking of installing a arms with the dana 44 in the front, and either having them bent or cutting them and rewelding them, i'm trying not to lose all the clearance and doing the same for the rear but reversing the a arms so i can have them linked at the frame with brackets????? 3 link front and rear? it sounds good but. pictures or just general info so i dont waist time would be helpfull.

Alaska ZJ
09-09-2004, 11:08 AM
What is the sam hell are you talking about?

A arms as in IFS? Hell no we would never do that stupid shit.

POSJEEP
09-09-2004, 11:14 AM
whats so stupid about using ford a arms on a jeep? it seems to me it would work like a long arm kit? and since its 3 link i dont think there would be any binding problems people often come up with fabing a 4 link .
t if you dont have anything good to say keep it to yourself

MaineZJ
09-09-2004, 11:20 AM
What are you talking about with A Arms? Radius arms maybe?

POSJEEP
09-09-2004, 11:25 AM
yes

MaineZJ
09-09-2004, 11:42 AM
look for Cody's buggy. Ford style radius arm front
Kevin's and Clayton's both utilize custom radius arm fronts
rears are either 4 link or 5 link. mostly 4 now I believe.

POSJEEP
09-09-2004, 10:31 PM
if you have a link i would love to see it!

Kraqa
09-09-2004, 11:17 PM
Newbie.

......am i wrong?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/Kraqa/thefinger.gif

MaineZJ
09-10-2004, 07:31 AM
did you look around the forum at all before posting? even look at Kevin's, Clayton's, or SRC's page?
What you are asking are everywhere. Look, search before you post shit.

POSJEEP
09-10-2004, 10:05 AM
actually im brand new to the board this was my first post and no i havent seen there sights.
i looked at the members rides but didnt see them there either :( im sorry if i havent spent enough time looking around your site before i asked questions.
anyone reading this post from now on please concider it dropped.

Alaska ZJ
09-10-2004, 10:18 AM
Now I see. You meant Radius arms.

Lots of people use them. They work well.

I use a radius arm on the pumpkin side of my suspension. Just a locating arm on the other.

I was totally thrown off by they A arm as that applies to IFS.

MaineZJ
09-10-2004, 10:35 AM
7th thread down in the suspension forum show's what you're talking about.

Kraqa
09-10-2004, 11:38 PM
if you REALLY want i can take some pics of my from setup
i know i have some old ones somewhere. i have a radius arm setup with long lower control arms and upper control arms connected to the lower arms.

POSJEEP
09-14-2004, 03:29 PM
i appreciate all the insight but ive found the setup im going to use on an early modle ford bronco. they have pinned one of the radius arms so it can flex on the trail or stationary for road use. it seemed to flex out really good and with coil over shocks i think it might be just what i wanted.
tonight im sand blasting the axels and starting to fab.
if its ever finished ill post some photo's and let you know how it all works
it wont be funny if i get a lower score on the rti ramp! but building it is half the fun.
thanks again!

Alaska ZJ
09-14-2004, 05:58 PM
Go ahead and post pictures but we already know how it will work. This is standard shit for a beginning Jeeper. Like we said look around and you will find exactly what your looking for.

POSJEEP
09-15-2004, 07:47 PM
all i have to say is. that ass drives me nutz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
makes it hard to pay attention!

Cody
09-19-2004, 05:19 PM
Well, I don't know, I don't think I've seen a wristed radius arm and coilovers on the front of a ZJ yet

We've seen lots of lengthened arms, but has anyone gone the wristed direction?

You'll like hte coilovers--they are a pain to dial in, but once you do they are the shit.

Cody