PDA

View Full Version : how to maximize articulation... open ended..

luvthejeep
08-26-2004, 01:33 AM
well most of you know my rig- 94, kjp la kit, full width f150 axles, 37's- the problem im running into is that the rear 3 link flexes like mad but the front wont flex like the rear, i do have quite a few tools in the back to weigh it down but other then taht i cant come to a simple solution as to how to force the front to flex more, i know it has alot of travel left, it just dosent want to use it- any ideas?

BMRisko
08-26-2004, 01:38 AM
Definately need to look into a custom rear swaybar and/or something similar to an anti-rock upfront.

BigDaveZJ
08-26-2004, 01:39 AM
Try a rear sway bar?

Cody
08-26-2004, 02:21 AM
How bout.....why?

I don't think a ZJ w/ equal flex f-r will do that well. I think you want the front to stay stable and let the rear soak up the terrain.

Cody

Trancezj
08-26-2004, 09:05 AM
How bout.....why?

I don't think a ZJ w/ equal flex f-r will do that well. I think you want the front to stay stable and let the rear soak up the terrain.

Cody
I think you want the front tires on the ground and a stable rear. I find if my rears have too much flex it holds me down in stuff. I dunno, I mean... up to a certain point a lot of front flex is good. Mine has too much right now.

robselina
08-26-2004, 10:32 AM
Try a rear sway bar?

x3

Other option would be softer springs up front, like XJ springs...., or stiffer rears of course....

luvthejeep
08-26-2004, 10:37 AM
hmmm.... maybe i should try the rear swaybar.... maybe.... lol

my buddies got an rti ramp- ill try to do a before and after shots with and without it connected-

FinlayZJ
08-26-2004, 11:19 AM
Not sure, but if you are running radius arms on those f150 axles, you could wrist one.

Cody
08-30-2004, 04:51 PM
I think you want the front tires on the ground and a stable rear. I find if my rears have too much flex it holds me down in stuff. I dunno, I mean... up to a certain point a lot of front flex is good. Mine has too much right now.

Yeah, it comes down to personal preference. I like to have my stability where my weight is--which is up front. A really loosy-goosy supension up front would allow my front end to lean more than I want to and cause me to roll on stuff that isn't worth rolling on. My rig doesn handle much different than yours and would react differently to differnt flex ratios (did I make that term up?)

I think XJ's work awesome with the rear stable and the front flexy. Mine is the opposite and I think it works ok. I know some people that run 50/50 and really like it.

Too much flex, is gay. It may look cool on a ramp, but the ramp doesn't get you down the trail. Just solid mount the axles and get some of dem lockers.

Cody