PDA

View Full Version : would a crap SS cause really really bad drifting?

Trancezj
08-24-2004, 09:23 AM
The stablizer on my heap isn't worth the steel it's made out of. It's really really really really drifty. I assume this is prolly why?

robselina
08-24-2004, 10:49 AM
well, no. If you're drifting, it's probably because of worn front end or steering parts. check your TREs, steering shaft u-joint, ball joints....

Trancezj
08-24-2004, 10:58 AM
well, no. If you're drifting, it's probably because of worn front end or steering parts. check your TREs, steering shaft u-joint, ball joints....
hmm ball joints are new. TRE are totall shit. So it shouldn't cause drifting at all? Maybe I'm not calling it the right thing, What I mean is it wonders really bad. You wouldn't want to go much more than 60. It wonders like I do after 11 beers walkin' to the fridge for the last one. I always do the SS last though, just because of it's masking capabilities. I like to make sure eveything else is done right. Oh well, it's not a DD. It'll be fine till I build my steering.

Alaska ZJ
08-24-2004, 12:03 PM
It wonders like I do after 11 beers walkin' to the fridge for the last one.

That would equate to 50 beers for you Utah Guys.

Trance I would think that the TRE would be more apt to be the problem.

SS usually just keeps things from shaking.

How is your Caster/Camber?

Toe in can also cause some wondering. Not engough and it will "hunt" all the time.

Trancezj
08-24-2004, 12:42 PM
It wonders like I do after 11 beers walkin' to the fridge for the last one.

That would equate to 50 beers for you Utah Guys.

Trance I would think that the TRE would be more apt to be the problem.

SS usually just keeps things from shaking.

How is your Caster/Camber?

Toe in can also cause some wondering. Not engough and it will "hunt" all the time.
toe in could be it. I don't think it's got enough