PDA

View Full Version : Where to get t-case input shafts?

robselina
08-09-2004, 12:30 PM
okay, got a line on a 242 out of an 87 XJ that a friend has rebuilt. It's 21 spline though. I'm assuming the gear cut change in 95 would mean that my 1995 249 input shaft won't swap in? where can I get a new input shaft that's the right lenght, spline and gear cut?

JayDee
08-09-2004, 12:40 PM
okay, got a line on a 242 out of an 87 XJ that a friend has rebuilt. It's 21 spline though. I'm assuming the gear cut change in 95 would mean that my 1995 249 input shaft won't swap in? where can I get a new input shaft that's the right lenght, spline and gear cut?

Dealer, junk yard, transmission shop, for sale boards, swap meets, Advance Adapters, JB Conversions, Transfer Case Express, Transfer Case Unlimited, Blumenthal (www.blumenthalmfg.com), or how about.........New Venture Gear themselves! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

robselina
08-09-2004, 01:50 PM
Dealer, junk yard, transmission shop, for sale boards, swap meets, Advance Adapters, JB Conversions, Transfer Case Express, Transfer Case Unlimited, Blumenthal (www.blumenthalmfg.com), or how about.........New Venture Gear themselves! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

:shock: sick. Sent out a couple of e-mails....lets see if any bite....

Cody
08-09-2004, 03:20 PM
I found mine at a place called Tourist Transmission. They rebuild and sell parts for tranny/tcases etc.

My buddy George at TCU told me he was the only person in the nation that could get the part. Guess he was wrong.

Cody