PDA

View Full Version : I got the steering box: PSC 621M

JayDee
08-05-2004, 04:14 PM
Basically... I feel that I got all my moneys worth. 3.125" piston bore instead of 2.750, fully magnafluxed case, four mounting ears, 14:1 fixed ratio, machined aluminum sector shaft cap. It's just a badass box!

The only reason I didn't get it ported for a ram is that they wanted 60 bucks. I might as well do it myself for umm... free... and then cap the ports off until I consider a cylinder assist. I have a strong feeling that I won't care about cylinder assist with this thing anyway.

Link to pictures below:

http://www.jeeponly.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=149&forum_id=10

JpRngr
08-05-2004, 08:31 PM
Dude, it's funny you posted this cause I just got the 621MR today! They are some beefy looking boxes. Mine looks identical except for the ports. The porting was only $45 more and to me well worth it. Saves me the hassle of having to pull the box apart so I know that there's no metal shavings left in side from drilling and tapping. Now I just need to get time to install it.

Corey

BigDaveZJ
08-05-2004, 08:37 PM
Hey Corey,
If you want to do it Sunday afternoon let me know. I plan on having Cherry Hunter mobile by then, so I could come over and help ya out if ya need it. (read: be your tool bitch) Let me know!

Oh yeah, and what does steering have to do with drivetrain??? :D

JayDee
08-05-2004, 09:00 PM
Hey Corey,
If you want to do it Sunday afternoon let me know. I plan on having Cherry Hunter mobile by then, so I could come over and help ya out if ya need it. (read: be your tool bitch) Let me know!

Oh yeah, and what does steering have to do with drivetrain??? :D

It........ points the vehicle in the direction in which drive train carnage will occur soon thereafter.

That's it! Yeah!