PDA

View Full Version : options other then kung fu?

luvthejeep
08-02-2004, 12:55 AM
wondering what you guys have found for MC's that will bolt up to the double diaphram boster on the zj? with the ford/lincon setup i have the brakes work well, they are just squishy- if i never drove my girlfrends 01 mustang i wouldent complain- but man those brakes are tight- options?

nathaniel
08-02-2004, 01:28 AM
1 ton dodge will bolt up to booster

luvthejeep
08-03-2004, 12:52 PM
very cool - is there anywhere i can see the volume diffrences between the 2? any special years? thanks

nathaniel
08-03-2004, 08:11 PM
Dont know the volumes and stuff but the mc should be from similar yrs ie 97-97ish

justinreinke
08-04-2004, 05:57 PM
From what I understand you have to get a specific resevoir to use that master cylinder because some stock Dodge ones don't fit under the hood. The Ford E350 van is the more common swap but I heard it works better with rear drums because that is what it was made for. I heard the master cylinder from a 60's Corvette works. I think it is 68. It originally had four wheel disks so your'e good there. I think all these bolt up given a little love from your'e grinder and you may have to adjust the pushrod length with a bushing to get them to fit properly. That way you don't have a lot of play in the pedal. There was some good write-ups on Pirate about this.

luvthejeep
08-06-2004, 01:16 AM
got any linkage to the posts??? :)