PDA

View Full Version : Disconnecting Factory Alarm on 93 ZJ.

Peak ZJ
07-28-2004, 01:27 PM
Anyone done a writeup on this? I know you can ground a few wires in the Harness, but which ones? Had a problem when doors were removed.

BigDaveZJ
07-28-2004, 01:46 PM
Can't you just pull the door pins out so the alarm thinks the doors are always closed? That method works just fine with my aftermarket alarm. I pull the door pin out, flatblade screwdriver helps the first few times, pull the pin out of the harness, wrap the harness in tape and jam it back into the whole so it stays put. That's always worked just fine for me.

Peak ZJ
07-28-2004, 01:51 PM
That works until the battery becomes disconnected. Then you need your key in the drivers door to turn it off. I had a bad roll, and my battery cable came loose. When I hooked it up, the alarm went off.. No doors near by... Had to go back to camp, and hook the door up, and turn the key.
Doors are in storage for the summer. Anyone know which wires in the main harness to ground out?

BigDaveZJ
07-28-2004, 02:04 PM
Ahh, I see, forgot about that part. I would think you could rig something up to where you could have a switch in the door harness where you could do the same thing that the key would do. You could hide it up under the dash or something. It would probably take some pretty creative wiring and the wiring diagrams in the FSM would be a huge help in this endeavor.

Peak ZJ
07-28-2004, 02:18 PM
that's what I'm thinking too.

Alaska ZJ
07-28-2004, 07:15 PM
On the drivers side kick panel there will be two wires that are purple with a yellow tracer.

Ground those.

All better now.

Oh and SEARCH you moron I know I answered this already once on this board.

Chuck R
07-28-2004, 10:12 PM
That wire is also available under the rear seat. It is easier for an old guy like me (62) to work on it there. Less kneeling/bending/cramping involved.

Peak ZJ
07-28-2004, 11:10 PM
Thanks, and Do you think your on POR :mrgreen:

minydigger
09-29-2006, 01:47 PM
I am new to this site and well my factory alarm is a pain in the but. So to reserect a old thread but when you say ground the wires what do you mean. I'm not all that great when it comes to electrical stuff, I don't want to screw up my computer.

DJJordache
09-29-2006, 04:23 PM
WOW! are you sure you can handle this then..... ground= the metal body or NEGATIVE