PDA

View Full Version : Waggy 44 over the knuckle

ATL ZJ
07-16-2004, 09:59 PM
Test fit the Chevy so-called "1 ton" TREs into the Waggy knuckles tonight. The TREs went in fine, and I definitely won't need to ream any for them to fit. If anything, the holes are too big. I got about 2 full threads past the cotter pin hole just by hand. Is the taper on stock Waggy knuckles 1.5"/ft? Or is the hole made for a larger end, such as the ones commonly used for the draglink on the Chevy TRE swap? Anyone running this setup please chime in.

Alaska ZJ
07-17-2004, 10:55 AM
This is totally by the seat of my pants and from experience but I don't have any numbers to back it up and it has been awhile.

The taper is indeed the same however the diameter of everything is bigger. I am pretty certian that the bigger TRE for the chebby was the correct match........go "rent" one from Napa and find out.....lol.

ATL ZJ
07-17-2004, 02:29 PM
Haha OK, well I have the bigger ends for the draglink but was unaware that there was a bigger TRE than the ES2233L that everybody uses at the passenger side knuckle. I take it I'll need the true 1-ton stuff? Kraqa, what is the part number for that one?

Raacerx
07-19-2004, 02:58 AM
Haha OK, well I have the bigger ends for the draglink but was unaware that there was a bigger TRE than the ES2233L that everybody uses at the passenger side knuckle. I take it I'll need the true 1-ton stuff? Kraqa, what is the part number for that one?

mill em and go histeer?

http://www.fototime.com/{23AC557D-1637-4B78-A4D0-104ABAAEE7BC}/picture.JPG

robselina
07-22-2004, 02:44 PM
mill em and go histeer?

can't do it. only certain years (I think 74-76) waggy's had flat tops. That being said, it's not that hard or expensive to find flat tops and swap the knuckles, I did it on my J20 front end....

ATL ZJ
07-22-2004, 06:24 PM
Update: The Waggy knuckles are tapered for the Chebby ends, it just surprised the hell outta me especially since it's saving me hours of reaming my ass off. Pics will follow that journals/pics forum.