PDA

View Full Version : '78 Bronco 9" rear axle SHAFT options???

JayDee
07-14-2004, 02:56 AM
D6TZ4234A - To the best of my knowledge, this is the factory part number for the 1978 Bronco 9" rear axle shaft (either side).

Superior's "regular plain old shaft" part number is: PA5390 I assume this is just a worked over factory Ford replacement part?

I can't see that Superior makes that shaft in the "evolution" series, and I can't seem to find any other axle brands with "GOOD" 31 spline alloy shafts for this particular year housing. This is disappointing. One of the shafts went "ping" at the splines last weekend. Those old things were sure to go anyway.

Now I need some new ones... could anyone point me in the right direction? Part numbers would be GREAT... and so would prices and where to find them. And a kitchen sink.

nathan
07-14-2004, 09:21 AM
you already broke the 9" shaft with the 35" tires? I would look at moser or dutchman

Alaska ZJ
07-14-2004, 12:17 PM
STRANGE screw Dutchman. Compare the process's and you will not be sorry you chose Strange.

JayDee
07-14-2004, 12:47 PM
STRANGE screw Dutchman. Compare the process's and you will not be sorry you chose Strange.

Costs? Would strange need every dimension of the axles to build one for me? I REALLY like the Superior stuff, but if the Strange axles can beat the price point on the Superior rolled spline alloy rear shafts for $104 each side, then I may think about those.

So maybe basically I could send Strange one of my axle shafts for the 9" (they're equal length shafts, either side) and say "duplicate this... but stronger?"

Hmm