PDA

View Full Version : seats for BIG guys

BigDaveZJ
07-13-2004, 06:39 PM
The factory seats in my ZJ are getting destroyed. Was doing a little baja'ing on Sunday and the damn recliner adjuster stabbed me in the ass cheek! So I figured it's time to start looking for alternatives. The comp-style seats look uncomfortable as fawk for a guy my size too. With the stock seats, my ass is so wide that it kinda hangs over the left edge of the seat and has squished the seat to shit and it just keeps getting worse. I've got 60" shoulders and about a 46" waist and I'm 6'5". ANY ideas on a seat that might work that wouldn't require me to lose 100 lbs??

Jim311
07-13-2004, 06:57 PM
Get a smaller ass!

:flipoff:

BigDaveZJ
07-13-2004, 07:10 PM
Get a smaller ass!

:flipoff:

http://www.humanplague.com/archive/pissoff/pics/ban.jpg

Don't make me deodorize you!!! :twisted: :D

Alaska ZJ
07-13-2004, 07:45 PM
How tight to you want to sit in there dave? Want it still for a daily driver or are you up for something lighter?

I like the feel of those cheap ass blow molded seats that are in the back of the chuggy. Seriously, they have NO suspension to them but I got pleanty of my own suspension.

OverkillZJ
07-13-2004, 08:57 PM
Do something unique, modifiy a leather recliner or something to fit in there :wink:

Jim311
07-13-2004, 09:13 PM
Yeah, I think you should get a full size couch and bolt it in there. The ladies would love that!

:D

It wouldn't cost you anything, either. Just drive around on the wrong side of the tracks for a little while and grab one that's sitting on the side of the skreet.

JohnBoulderCO
07-13-2004, 10:49 PM
Yeah, I think you should get a full size couch and bolt it in there. The ladies would love that!

:D

It wouldn't cost you anything, either. Just drive around on the wrong side of the tracks for a little while and grab one that's sitting on the side of the skreet.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Do it!!!!!!!!!!

BigDaveZJ
07-13-2004, 11:32 PM
If the stock seats were wider, they'd be great. I do like some cushioning since I still have to drive it to the trail. I'm thinking I may just grab a junkyard ZJ seat and just wear that one out. Although the couch idea would be super redneck!!

phillyzj
07-14-2004, 08:04 AM
check WJ seats. i think they are wider and might fit your needs better.

BigDaveZJ
07-14-2004, 10:11 AM
check WJ seats. i think they are wider and might fit your needs better.

Were there any WJ's that didn't have power seats?? I drove my dad's 03 this weekend a little bit and didn't care for the seat a whole lot, but I think he had fucked with the little airbag settings a lot.

phillyzj
07-14-2004, 11:17 AM
definately, i've seen manual ones in an 01.

JpRngr
07-14-2004, 02:50 PM
You know, I seam to remember offering you the set out of the Chalupa a while back. Too bad I already gave them away! :Flipoff2:

Corey

BigDaveZJ
07-14-2004, 03:07 PM
You know, I seam to remember offering you the set out of the Chalupa a while back. Too bad I already gave them away! :Flipoff2:

Corey

Yeah, I seem to remember you offering them to me too. Oh well!

I'm having visions of a La-Z-Boy with a 5 point harness . . . .

DeathWobbleZJ
07-14-2004, 04:03 PM
fuck yea, lazy boy it... take out that center counsole and youd have pletny of room... do it "lowrider style" cut the legs of the chair and fuck there you go! :twisted:

jeepers007
07-14-2004, 04:59 PM
My neighbors '95 Z71 has wider seats that seem to be pretty comfortable. Not sure how'd they'd fit though. Seems like those would be easy to come by, only not much of a color match to what you've got.

Chebby stuff in a Jeep - yikes.

Too bad you can't just re-do the stockers a little wider. They're really pretty comfortable......

Vinnie
07-15-2004, 01:53 AM
If money isnt that much of an object you could look at mastercraft seats. They are full suspension and they might have one to fit your size?
Other than that you could look at some vehicles that have a similar sized seat to a ZJ...maybe a cloth lincoln or caddy seat and bolt it up to your ZJ's seat frame? I know they have super wide seats. Pontiac bonneville's (my moms ride) have wide seats too...not too bad on the butt either.