PDA

View Full Version : Swaybar Disconnect, not endlinks

jwbronco
07-13-2004, 01:58 PM
This is my second idea on how to do this but this might give other people some ideas too.

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v343/jwbronco/swaybar_disconnect.jpg

JayDee
07-15-2004, 03:00 PM
I have thought about that MANY times. Basically I wanted an electronic actuated pin, though. So I could just flip a switch inside, it pulls the pin, no sway bars. Just flip the switch and drive slow and rock the vehicle and it'll pop back in.

Now that I have to get out and turn hubs and crap... I don't mind pulling pins for conventional link style disconnects.

It would be cool idea to machine/fabricate and test!

gsh
07-15-2004, 09:48 PM
Won't work. At least on my '93. The swaybar has to be straight between pivot points (frame mounts) in order for that to work. I've seen something like that done for CJ's or Wranglers. My steering box shaft would interfere with a straight swaybar. A straight bar might work with relocated brackets though.

Rear is similar. Are WJ rear swaybars straight between mounts? I was thinking of some sort of sleeve coupler on the ends of the rear. I haven't measured to see if I can get enough sleeve without interfering with anything. I might not bother, I aint missing the rear SB now. Haven't been off camber enough yet to want to put it back in. Not that I haven't tried. I don't carry a tire up on top either which may help.

jwbronco
07-16-2004, 09:47 AM
Well I believe the WJ front is straight upfront too, well pretty sure from changing it to a addco front and rear.