PDA

View Full Version : Here's mine

95 ZJ
07-06-2004, 11:49 PM
Well it isn't alot but it has come along way in the last year.

http://www.offroadworld.net/gallery/95ZJ/118308.jpg

3.5" RE lift with 1.75" spacers, 32" BFG MT's, Lockrite in the D35, custom front bumper, Warn M8000 winch with plasma rope, beefier steering from a 98 V8 ZJ, Warn Diff cover, gas tank skid with shackle bracket and D-ring, 57 series KC lights, rocker protection being made, and custom heat reduction vents lol.

95 ZJ
07-07-2004, 12:02 AM
I had to throw that poser pic in but here's one of it cleaned up a bit...

http://www.offroadworld.net/gallery/95ZJ/118894.jpg

BlackDiamondBound
07-07-2004, 01:38 AM
nice jeep. hows the lock right hold up in the d35 with 32's? break shafts much?

95 ZJ
07-07-2004, 01:51 AM
It has held up great, only had it about 6 months but I have been on plenty of trail runs since I got it and it does exactly what it is supposed to and with no problems so far. I carry spare axle shafts but haven't ever had one break which is impressive since I can be pretty hard on them at times.

nate
07-07-2004, 07:28 AM
I just gave it that special touch when I installed it haha. :roll:

Alaska ZJ
07-07-2004, 09:07 AM
Meat- Take that damn tire off the roof. Or do you need to see the video of me pinned upside down in my rig again? Sure your not gonna take the lines I did and do but if you go over with that tire up there....smoosh.

Eska was made for Jeep Pictures. That is really nice.

GetoZJ
07-07-2004, 11:45 AM
Tire on roof BAAD. Brent proved that. That's for kids in highschool with the stock tire on the roof, and 30"s on the Jeep :mrgreen:

Jeep looks good though. I remember when mine was that purdy.

Trancezj
07-07-2004, 12:02 PM
Meat- Take that damn tire off the roof. Or do you need to see the video of me pinned upside down in my rig again? Sure your not gonna take the lines I did and do but if you go over with that tire up there....smoosh.

Eska was made for Jeep Pictures. That is really nice.
I haven't seen it.. I wanna see it.

Alaska ZJ
07-07-2004, 02:21 PM
I can't find it...seems as the place that was hosting it deleted it from the archives.

95 ZJ
07-07-2004, 05:43 PM
I don't put the tire on the roof for looks, I mean come on it's a 50% tread AT not a swamper. I do it to save room cause I have a big rubbermaid spare parts container back there with my tool box and usually I have camping gear and such too, I basically can't take much with me if I have that laying on the floor in the back.

Trancezj
07-08-2004, 09:11 AM
Take out the back seats. Cut the seat supports out, and it'll quadruple your storage. I had the same problem, but after I did that, I've more space than I need.

DeathWobbleZJ
07-08-2004, 02:51 PM
if the spare is that small just put it in the stock location its not a 12.5 is it? surely you have that much space in there?
other wise wee need a pic of your cargo area for orginizational pointers :) hehe.

AK find that video..... :lol:

95 ZJ
07-08-2004, 07:11 PM
The spare is a 32x11.5 and I had it in the stock location standing up for a while, I used ratchet straps to hold it there but with all the bouncing around on the trails it tore the little stock hooks for tie downs out of the plastic on the inside of the jeep. I left it back there for a while without it being tied down but it just made to much noise while rolling around. I thought about taking the seats out but there have been plenty of times that I have used them when people wanted to go on a trail ride and didn't have a 4x4 or it wasn't quite trail ready. As soon as I get CA drop brackets I will be going with 33x12.5's so it will be an even bigger pain in the ass to put it in the back. Oh well atleast we aren't driving TJ's or we'd be really fawked.

Yeah you guys need to see the video of him rolling it, Brennt gets a little scrape on his hand and then he starts screaming and crying, it's great :D just kidding you took that shit like a man I would have been screaming like a little girl if the windshield crushed my hand.

Jim311
07-09-2004, 08:02 AM
If you want to know my ghetto fabulous full size (33 x 12.5) mounting for the spare, I'll tell you. Originally I used a ratchet strap on the stock spare mount, and attached one end to the floor loops. That quickly busted out when things got rough. So I decided to run one end of the ratchet strap to the rear seatbelt mounting point, and one end to the stock spare mount loop which is plenty strong. I haven't had any problems yet nor do I anticipate any. I'm also able to squeeze a full size spare in there, at normal pressure.

I've been thinking about drilling into the floor and installing some high strength tiedown loops in the back to hold things down, too. Just gotta find a spot in the floor that's strong and not above anything crucial. Tired of hearing my toolbox rattling dammit!

Alaska ZJ
07-09-2004, 10:20 AM
Yeah you guys need to see the video of him rolling it, Brennt gets a little scrape on his hand and then he starts screaming and crying, it's great :D just kidding you took that shit like a man I would have been screaming like a little girl if the windshield crushed my hand.

Well I almost did scream when Chris started prying on my fingers with that crowbar. I think he busted one when he did that, or atleast strained the bone really bad cuz it hurt and wouldn't move for few weeks. Oh well, it's only a finger, I have 9 more. It is kinda freaky to watch your fingers turn purple right in front of you though.....

JpRngr
07-09-2004, 03:26 PM
Why do you guys need ratchet straps for your spares in the stock location? I just cut the stock hold down in half and welded in an extension on Cristi's Jeep. Then put it through a lug hole with a nut to secure it. We did this with up to a 32" or 33" spare.

Corey

jpmtx
07-09-2004, 05:20 PM
Why do you guys need ratchet straps for your spares in the stock location? I just cut the stock hold down in half and welded in an extension on Cristi's Jeep. Then put it through a lug hole with a nut to secure it. We did this with up to a 32" or 33" spare.

Corey

Me too. Holds the 33" MT/R spare in my WJ just fine. And I carry lot of stuff back there with it.

Jim