PDA

View Full Version : any 44 fronts come with 4:56's?

Trancezj
07-02-2004, 12:12 PM
I'm trying to get my steering underway here, but the problem is, I don't want to polish this turd much more. I'm not going to spend the time to do a hydro assist histeer for that fucker. But I have to do something. Here's the problem, GSSE is in like a month. After the hp30 install (just buying time), I had to replace all the steering, so I've got the even worse than stock gc steering, it's stock cherokee. I guess I could just beat the shit outta it and not worry. But now, if I could find a 44 with 4:56's, I could afford that shit and not have to worry about buying yet another set of gears and have it in by gsse. Money would be an issue if I have to regear shit. long shot I guess, but maybe someone could suggest something because I can come across 44's cheap.

Trancezj
07-02-2004, 12:15 PM
or hell, maybe a 60?

GetoZJ
07-02-2004, 12:59 PM
For the price of a 60...you could have a very badass 44, but then again, the 60 is still a 60....

Randys R&P has gears for 44's forsale under 100 bucks right now, i'd just go that route.

Trancezj
07-02-2004, 01:04 PM
For the price of a 60...you could have a very badass 44, but then again, the 60 is still a 60....

Randys R&P has gears for 44's forsale under 100 bucks right now, i'd just go that route.
yeah, well the thing is I can pretty much get the 44 for nothing. I mean, I'm broke. My mod receipts are nearing the 10k mark for this year. And I'm not rich or have money by no means. I just cringed at buying lca skids from kevin for 20 bucks. lol.

Alaska ZJ
07-02-2004, 04:26 PM
then stop modding and just run what you have. be aware of it and drive accordingly.

Save for a 60 or 44.

Kraqa
07-02-2004, 04:29 PM
sweet combo. 60 front 8.8 rear. what would you do about the width.

GetoZJ
07-02-2004, 04:45 PM
then stop modding and just run what you have. be aware of it and drive accordingly.

Save for a 60 or 44.

Amen, and stop spending money on shit you can make your self for nothing. LCA skids can be made in less then 5 minutes, and if you can weld, its a 10 min job.

Trancezj
07-02-2004, 05:16 PM

Save for a 60 or 44.
You're missing the point. I can wheel a 30 all day and not break anything. My point is I don't want to put the time into the 30 to build the steering. If I at least had stock steering I'll be fine, but it's stock cherokee shit. And it is shit. fuck it................... I'm gunna trailor the POS anyway.....

Trancezj
07-02-2004, 05:19 PM

Save for a 60 or 44.

Amen, and stop spending money on shit you can make your self for nothing. LCA skids can be made in less then 5 minutes, and if you can weld, its a 10 min job.
I know, I made some for my last d30. Summer is my busy season at work, and I have to drive during business hours 45 minutes to the place to buy steel, so I don't have time to even go get it. My fab skills may not be much, but LCA skids I can handle. Christ almighty, do I come off as a totall idiot? I mean I am, and I know that but shit.

JpRngr
07-02-2004, 07:26 PM
Christ almighty, do I come off as a totall idiot? I mean I am, and I know that but shit.

At least you realize it! :lol:

Corey

GetoZJ
07-02-2004, 08:11 PM

Save for a 60 or 44.

I know, I made some for my last d30. Summer is my busy season at work, and I have to drive during business hours 45 minutes to the place to buy steel, so I don't have time to even go get it. My fab skills may not be much, but LCA skids I can handle. Christ almighty, do I come off as a totall idiot? I mean I am, and I know that but shit.

Ok, the simple answer to your question is No then. I can't think of any front D44 that came factory with 4.56's (I think we'd all be all over that if they did though), the closest I can think of is a hp44 out of a F250 w/ 4.10's, but that's not going to work.

Just save your pennys, and keep an extra stock steering setup with you, they're cheap at a local pullapart.

Swamp boy
07-02-2004, 10:24 PM
Dont CUCV's (Is that right?) come with 60 front and 14bolt rear.. 4:56 geared.

You could check government auctions or something..

Or I know of a guy selling a set (thats both with a detroit in the 14 bolt) for
$1200...

Probobly to much.. But its out there anyway..

Carl

JpRngr
07-03-2004, 01:18 AM
Dont CUCV's (Is that right?) come with 60 front and 14bolt rear.. 4:56 geared.

You could check government auctions or something..

Or I know of a guy selling a set (thats both with a detroit in the 14 bolt) for
$1200...

Probobly to much.. But its out there anyway..

Carl

Yes, they do. Only problem is it's a Chevy, so the front 60 is a low pinion passenger side drop. You would need to go to a t-case with a passenger side output to make it work. Maybe a D300.

Corey

luvthejeep
07-03-2004, 01:57 AM
i just scored a 77 f-150 hp44 and 9" rear + rims for $250- deals are out there- everyone rembers me bitching about not findng axles- deals are out there- those took me 3 months to find- i didnt look very hard for a tc though and i bought one sitting there out of a yj- :( - come to find out its not ideal- just look around

tony

Raacerx
07-03-2004, 04:26 AM
i just scored a 77 f-150 hp44 and 9" rear + rims for $250- deals are out there- everyone rembers me bitching about not findng axles- deals are out there- those took me 3 months to find- i didnt look very hard for a tc though and i bought one sitting there out of a yj- :( - come to find out its not ideal- just look around

tony

bitchin. thats what I paid for my 77 set. Try to sell your gears/carrier and 3rd member if its possible, recoup some of the investment.

BMRisko
07-03-2004, 08:45 AM

Save for a 60 or 44.

Thats what I did all together and why I sold the 44/9". No time or money this summer to do it how I wanted, so I'm just wheeling the junk as is until I'm out of school and/or come across alot of time and $ to built them how I want the first time around.

Trancezj
07-06-2004, 09:11 AM
Eh it's fine. I wheeled it pretty hard this weekend, and still drove it to work today. The best suggestion was to get spare steering. I can get that for damn near nothing, and I'll put the front axle replacement off until this winter.

ATL ZJ
07-06-2004, 07:24 PM
Here's the problem, GSSE is in like a month.

No shit. I still have to swap shafts in the 8.8 to match the bolt pattern of the 44, get the 44 in installable condition, build steering, toss on the longarms and everything else, make sure the brake system is operable and strong enough to stop 35s, regear, and fix whatever bugs I know I'll have.

And now for how this reply is somewhat relevant to this post- If you need either a spare stock ZJ tierod or the RE tierod that I wasted money on, I can bring them to GSSE. May I recommend the first. I could bring knuckles and a draglink even if you wanted that.

Trancezj
07-07-2004, 09:36 AM
Here's the problem, GSSE is in like a month.

No shit. I still have to swap shafts in the 8.8 to match the bolt pattern of the 44, get the 44 in installable condition, build steering, toss on the longarms and everything else, make sure the brake system is operable and strong enough to stop 35s, regear, and fix whatever bugs I know I'll have.

And now for how this reply is somewhat relevant to this post- If you need either a spare stock ZJ tierod or the RE tierod that I wasted money on, I can bring them to GSSE. May I recommend the first. I could bring knuckles and a draglink even if you wanted that.
I really appreciate that. I was planning on going to the yard and pulling an entire steering setup from a cherokee. I guess I still will, you should bring you stuff too though, because someone is bound to need it.