PDA

View Full Version : stock air bags

Kraqa
06-29-2004, 12:29 PM
Just wondering who has gotten rid of there air bag? i'm thinking mine will have to go due to the amount of inner fender modification. is there anything else to remove besides the sensors? should i take the bag out of the steering wheel? any info would be nice.

Alaska ZJ
06-29-2004, 12:43 PM
I still have mine in the steering wheel. As hard as I have hit and rolled, I am pretty sure it is inop. But I will for sure take pictures the day it explodes and breaks my nose.

Kraqa
06-29-2004, 12:47 PM
so the bag is in the wheel but the sensors are gone right?

BigDaveZJ
06-29-2004, 12:49 PM
I always thought the decellerometer (such a cool word!) was under the center console???

Alaska ZJ
06-29-2004, 12:52 PM
so the bag is in the wheel but the sensors are gone right?

I didn't knowingly remove the deceleratormeter (or how ever the F you spell it) But you have seen my Rig.....It could have verywell gotten removed in the stripdown. I hit a bank at 25 mph or so....stopped COLD. My chest hurt for a week from the seatbelt, it broke my trackbar and some balljoints.....if that won't set off the airbag I am not sure what would.

Picture me flipping down backwards on Hells Revenge or something and come to rest at the bottom and Chevy Chase the airbag just as I am about to get out....National Lampoons Vacation Rocks.

Kraqa
06-29-2004, 12:54 PM
ya there are two sensors in the front end one on either side of the frame rails.

Timzjatl
07-12-2004, 03:42 PM
I removed mine and replaced the wheel with a stainless/rubber wheel out of a base model XJ... much more weather resistant than the original...