PDA

View Full Version : Semi-Finished Swap #2

Raacerx
06-29-2004, 03:28 AM
Since Kraqa posted his semi finished swap, I'll post my semi-finished swap too because I got someone to take 2 quick pictures earlier today. Pictures taken before I moved the axle forward its final 3/4". My trackbar is too long (edited) by about a half an inch so I need to make the new one. Im having issues with the tube inserts and 1 ton TREs, need to find a 7/8-18 thread tap for less then $70. I also still need to install the 231/SYE and the TW CV driveshafts.

Oh, and no, it wont fit out the garage like that. :D :D :D

http://www.fototime.com/{CFB03560-F574-4AB8-9E13-7C2583C573F8}/picture.JPG

http://www.fototime.com/{605BE18D-4233-44AF-B78E-2234C6FEF7B8}/picture.JPG

http://www.fototime.com/{A3398B5F-7665-4C70-8CC4-3DBEA3E55E02}/picture.JPG

Kraqa
06-29-2004, 12:27 PM
that ssweet man love the high steer arm.

Trancezj
06-29-2004, 01:05 PM
you need to clean you garage.

g'job

BMRisko
06-29-2004, 01:20 PM
Dig it man! :D

Kraqa
06-29-2004, 01:23 PM
Pimp daddy gold and crome mags. Raacerx can be the new king of bling.

Edit: :flipoff2:

Raacerx
06-29-2004, 03:55 PM
thanks guys. I didnt like the rims at first, but I absolutely hate steel rims and I got all 5 of the bling bling aluminums for $150. They are growing on me though. Im gonna give em a good polish for the ultra bling. Oh, and I'll never remove the gold trim! Never! Atleast not until the cladding gets ripped off the first time I wheel it.

I dont have a compressor yet, so I cant use the plasma at home to do the rockers (cutting em out, copying Alaska's). I also need to finish my front bumper, get the synthetic rope for the HS9500, and start on the rear bumper. After that, I need to do a lot of electronic stuff like installing the stereo (mp3, stealthbox, amps, speakers, etc) and the dual battery. Im stoked about the dual battery, I'll post some pictures once Im not so broke and can buy a camera. Its made by Wrangler and allows you to switch between the yellow top (main) and red top (winch, stereo, and compressor) from inside the cab. Im especially stoked that I can now jumpstart myself.

Ill post more pics as soon as I can get someone to take some.

PS. You think thats a dirty garage? You havent even seen the rest of it... About 8 feet of pure crap fell off the wall onto the car in the front, which didnt help matters...

Kraqa
06-29-2004, 05:18 PM
i cut out my rockers and replaced them with 2x6x3/16" and man i love em iu have about 1/2" more clearance then stock and i have beet the hell ou tof em. great mod.

Trancezj
06-29-2004, 05:31 PM
i cut out my rockers and replaced them with 2x6x3/16" and man i love em iu have about 1/2" more clearance then stock and i have beet the hell ou tof em. great mod.
I considered that mod, but in hind site, I'm fairly glad i did what I did. I like them sticking out like they do actually because it's easier to highlift off of, also makes a little pussy step for me. I've already bent them though, I didn't cap them soon enough, so I pinched the end. Oh well. I think what I'm going to do when these are beat to hell (I mean more than they are) is do a rocker replacement, but also weld the same size box tubing on to them. So then it's super solid and it sticks out.

Kraqa
06-29-2004, 06:00 PM
mine are 6" wide so they stick out about 2.5" the ends are taped so it pushes me away from rocks.

Raacerx
06-29-2004, 06:20 PM
Im using 4"x4"x1/8" box tubing and 1.75"x3/16" round for extra width and a step. The box tubing is spaced with 1"x1" angle. Exact copy of Alaskas. The belly skid covers the cat and transfer case and Im thinking of bending it down to the turndown on the muffler, so its harder to knock the turn down off. Ive heard some bad horror stories about that.

Nate Cannon
06-29-2004, 06:26 PM
mine are like not there, couldn't be happier!
-Nate

ps looks JAWSOME I'm in cali for the summer, wanna hit up the con when you're done?

Raacerx
06-29-2004, 06:50 PM
mine are like not there, couldn't be happier!
-Nate

ps looks JAWSOME I'm in cali for the summer, wanna hit up the con when you're done?

I would love to hit the Con with your cesspool this summer. Ive been itching to get out there since its only about 3 hours away from my house, but I just havent had the time or my rig hasnt been running the way I want it to.

I think there is also a Dursey Ersheim run in late august early september. Plus there are just tons of other sweet trails around it.

nathan
06-30-2004, 01:54 AM
looks great, makes me want to go hi steer :D