PDA

View Full Version : Keyless entry question.....

ZJustin94
06-29-2004, 03:06 AM
First of all, i'd like tell Dave congrats on getting a new forum up and running, i know it'll be awesome.

Anyway, i have the factory keyless entry on my ZJ, but haven't been able to use for a couple years. I only had one remote and it broke a couple years ago. Is there anyway to reprogram any keyless remote to work or do i have to get a new one from the dealer?

thanks
Justin

Bulldog 6
06-29-2004, 09:13 AM
I have a 94 FSM but it is at home. I will look through it and see what it says this weekend and post back about it.

When I bought my 98, I only got 1 fob with it. I had an extra that I forgot to give from my Dakota I traded in. Part numbers matched so I had the dealer reprogram it to be fob #2. They had to go into the computer to program it. I got it done for free but only cuz it was quittin time and the tech did it before the ticket was wrote up.

If you can get a remote for your vehicle that works, it should not be a problem. Verify the part numbers to match or contact the Jeep parts department for a list of acceptable part numbers.

BigDaveZJ
06-29-2004, 10:48 AM
Hey J, there's quite a few threads on this over on JU. I used to know, but forgot how to do it when I went to a full alarm.

DeathWobbleZJ
06-29-2004, 11:01 AM
watch out for the deodorant on this ? :twisted:

BigDaveZJ
06-29-2004, 11:15 AM
watch out for the deodorant on this ? :twisted:

:lol:

Justin got lucky on this one, lol. It's a good thing you know me!!! :flipoff2:

BlackDiamondBound
06-29-2004, 02:53 PM
i think it was somthing like hold the lock button down for a couple seconds while you then push the lock door button. or maybe you had to put the key in the ignition turn it a click or too then hold the key fob button down and lock the doors. :? yea i cant remember but if you mess around with it long enough i bet you will figure it out. good luck

Chuck R
06-30-2004, 12:08 AM
93-95 uses infra red communication, and 96-98 uses radio frequency. The twain don't meet.
Any 93-95 fob can be used with any 93-95 vehicle. You program the vehicle to the fob. The procedure is in the owner's manual.
96-98 is a whole 'nother ball game.

Rock Limo
06-30-2004, 12:53 AM
Congrats Dave on the new forum! This is offically my first post.... Anyway, I just went through the process of reprogramming a new remote, only to destroy it not a week later after a long night of hitting on DDF (Distance Distortion Factor) chicks and drinking myself into oblivion....reguardless here is what I did to program:

(1) Open the driver’s door and leave it open during the programming process.

(2) Move the mechanical door lock lever on the driver’s door to the LOCK position.

(3) Insert the ignition key and turn it to the RUN position. (Do not start the vehicle.)

(4) After turning the ignition key to the Run position aim the transmitter at the receiver and press the LOCK (right) button for 5 seconds. Once the receiver accepts the programming the door will unlock.

(5) If additional transmitters are to be used on the vehicle each must be programmed during the programming sequence. (Up to 4 transmitters can be programmed to a vehicle) To program additional transmitters: Return the mechanical door lock lever on the driver’s door to the LOCK position and aim the next transmitter at the receiver and press the LOCK (right) button for 5 seconds. Again when the receiver accepts the programming the door will unlock. Repeat step 5 until all transmitters have been programmed.

(6) When all transmitters have been programmed to the receiver, the ignition must be turned off and back on within 20 seconds after programming the last transmitter. When this is done, only the transmitters that were programmed to the vehicle during this procedure will operate the locks.

BlackDiamondBound
06-30-2004, 05:05 PM
that little write up should be put somewhere on this site!

ZJustin94
07-01-2004, 02:19 AM
wow, that doesn't seem too bad at all. now, the only other question is does anyone have any extra remotes i could buy from ya?

thanks for all the help and Dave, sorry for the "JU" style thread, i had a brain fart i guess... :lol:

THanks
Justin

Alaska ZJ
07-01-2004, 09:35 AM
wow, that doesn't seem too bad at all. now, the only other question is does anyone have any extra remotes i could buy from ya?

thanks for all the help and Dave, sorry for the "JU" style thread, i had a brain fart i guess... :lol:

THanks
Justin

What was JU about it? Now if within the next week we get 15 more people asking the same question while this thread is only 5 threads below thiers....That would be JU.

jsteves
09-14-2004, 04:28 PM

THanks
Justin

check ebay, i bought one a while back for like $40, better than the stealership by a bit!