PDA

View Full Version : Using cruise servo to control idle

KsZJ
06-28-2004, 02:18 PM
I got this idea after seeing a something similar. It's easy and it works great. I did it up in paint so it was a little more clear. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

http://mallcrawlin.com/tech/IdleControl/RPM%20Control.jpg

Since most Chryslers use this same servo, this setup would work on many other vehicles.

Oh yeah, make sure you get true SPDT (single pole double throw) relays. They are harder to find but are needed to properly isolate the circuit.

I did an incab winch control too...

Here is my switch setup. I want to put more in there, but I have yet to decide what. The one on the left is the winch and the one on the right is the RPM control. I did my winch control a little different than the writeup in the NAGCA tech section, but it works all the same.

http://mallcrawlin.com/tech/IdleControl/IMG_1486.jpg

Once you turn the power on, the led lights up and the relays energize. To increase idle you tap the momentary switch up and to decrease you tap down.

I got the led and 2way momentary switch at Radio Shack. I already had the relays and the power switch.

OverkillZJ
07-02-2004, 10:08 AM
Nice.

Definately on my to-do list now!

Trancezj
07-02-2004, 10:59 AM
What would be the advantage to this? Certainly I can think of a few, but none that would justify the time spent.

Alaska ZJ
07-02-2004, 11:08 AM
I know that while winchin it would be cool.

Also while driving....kinda like a hand throttle but only with the speedo buttons....

Kraqa
07-02-2004, 11:14 AM
i though of doing something like this if i was running a OBW or OBA

KsZJ
07-02-2004, 11:28 AM
It took maybe an hour, but I work with this crap all the time. It's great for bringing the RPMs up to increase alternator output while winching and that was my main goal. The last time I used the winch, this came in real handy as far as battery recovery time when winching.

offroadjeepin
03-30-2005, 12:28 PM
YES! Works great!!!! Took me about an hour two i love it. Thanx for the write-up.

Jim311
03-30-2005, 03:10 PM
Cool idea, but normally during winching aren't you on the throttle anyway? I know I usually am. Oh, and why can't I see the pics?

:partyman:

ELLLLLIOTTTTT
03-30-2005, 04:02 PM
Cool idea, but normally during winching aren't you on the throttle anyway? I know I usually am. Oh, and why can't I see the pics?

yea, with your invisi-winch. :flipoff2:

TrojanMan
04-03-2005, 02:38 PM
pics no longer work! I was getting ready to do it :(

Jim311
04-03-2005, 03:07 PM

yea, with your invisi-winch. :flipoff2:

When I'm *BEING* winched, that is.

I'm sure you know all about riding the winch line :flipoff2:

KsZJ
04-06-2005, 09:20 PM
Well... I graduated and lost my web space. If anyone wants to host the pics I still have them.

Hmm... Does COX give you web space with your service. I know it came with email....

-J

OverkillZJ
04-06-2005, 09:53 PM
Well... I graduated and lost my web space. If anyone wants to host the pics I still have them.

Hmm... Does COX give you web space with your service. I know it came with email....

-J

Check your PM's

KsZJ
04-06-2005, 10:49 PM
Thanks Matt! :partyman:

OverkillZJ
04-06-2005, 10:54 PM

Now you have to come install it on my jeep for free ;)

Kraqa
04-06-2005, 10:55 PM
and mine beeatch. definalt yon my to do list when it come time to tackle the electrical.

KsZJ
04-07-2005, 12:33 PM

You coming to GSW again this year?

OverkillZJ
04-07-2005, 12:45 PM

You coming to GSW again this year?

Absofreakin' lutely :supz:

blueZJ
09-11-2009, 12:39 AM
I was talking to a buddy about how to do this today, was trying to figure out how to make it work..

Great write up thanks!

chadjans
09-11-2009, 12:47 AM
I was talking to a buddy about how to do this today, was trying to figure out how to make it work..

Great write up thanks!

Use a cable shifter from a bike.

georged
09-22-2009, 10:08 AM
KsZJ: Nice and clear diagram, however I would like to know what year Jeep you are doing this on and also what are the color codes of the cervo wires.

dp96zj
09-22-2009, 10:16 AM
KsZJ: Nice and clear diagram, however I would like to know what year Jeep you are doing this on and also what are the color codes of the cervo wires.

This thread's 5 years old, and he hasn't logged in since '06. You may try shooting him an email if you really need the info.