View Full Version : Holy Cross July 3rd

JpRngr
06-28-2004, 01:45 AM
Anyone up for Holy Cross this weekend?

Corey

BigDaveZJ
06-28-2004, 01:47 AM
I'm in!

I wouldn't mind camping up there though, anybody else up for that?

OverkillZJ
06-28-2004, 11:56 AM
Blah, I was just there this weekend; along with chinaman and iron chest (ironed iron chest anyway)

You all suck.

JohnBoulderCO
06-28-2004, 05:01 PM
Sounds good for Saturday.
What time should we be at the trail head (plus an hour for Corey :D )?

BigDaveZJ
06-28-2004, 09:50 PM

I'm thinking the earlier the better. It's gonna be a clusterfuck up there this weekend, which is why I'm heavily considering camping up there Friday night.

JohnBoulderCO
06-28-2004, 09:58 PM

I'm thinking the earlier the better. It's gonna be a clusterfuck up there this weekend, which is why I'm heavily considering camping up there Friday night.

A CF, you think so, lots of peopple? Hmmm, maybe we should go the following weekend then.

ZJustin94
06-29-2004, 03:10 AM
dang i would go if my jeep was ready. but my wife and i going to go camping and hiking somewhere else this weekend, but yeah i'd be up for the next weekend at holy cross. probably not camping, but definitely wheelin!! that is if i have my long arms in by then.

Justin

OverkillZJ
06-29-2004, 05:41 PM
I'm in

JohnBoulderCO
06-29-2004, 05:45 PM
Looks like the July 3rd date is gaining momentum.
Cool.
OK, what time should we meet at the trail head?

BigDaveZJ
06-29-2004, 05:47 PM
Here's my tentative plan for the weekend with Overkill. Head up to HC Friday afternoon/evening and camp. Drink some beer and light a fire. Then Saturday after HC head on over to Wheeler to camp again and then run Wheeler Sunday before heading back to town to drink some more and watch shit git blowed up!

JohnBoulderCO
06-29-2004, 06:02 PM
And the start time for HC?

BigDaveZJ
06-29-2004, 06:05 PM

Depends on how early you guys wanna leave Saturday morning! I'll let you guys figure that one out.

JohnBoulderCO
06-29-2004, 06:22 PM

Depends on how early you guys wanna leave Saturday morning! I'll let you guys figure that one out.

9am or 10am works for me. I will be spending the weekend in Breckenridge, so it's not too far of a drive for me.

Corey, what time do you suggest?

BigDaveZJ
06-29-2004, 07:59 PM
Found out Monday is an optional work day, so I ain't workin! I might go camp somewhere Sunday night too and maybe wheel Monday. You gonna be around long enough for that Matt?

karstman
06-29-2004, 08:06 PM
Yes he will....
I'll be there with the TJ too.
:mrgreen:

We were thinking of a Carnage Run on Monday. It's close to home still fun.

BigDaveZJ
06-29-2004, 08:50 PM
Okay, here's the super duper adventure potential wheeling and camping weekend as of right now itinerary.

Friday: Drive to HC and camp
Saturday: Wheel HC and then go to Wheeler Lake to camp
Sunday: Run Wheeler, then go to Grand Lake for fireworks and camp
Monday: Head home, but stop at Bill Moore Lake on the way home

karstman
06-29-2004, 09:45 PM
You forgot about the drinking part....
:roll:

OverkillZJ
06-29-2004, 10:14 PM
You forgot about the drinking part....
:roll:

Beer is very important! And none of that grocery store crap I got last time; I couldn't even get a buzz off of it :roll:

Anyway, anythign more exciting to do than B on Monday? I"ve heard it might be a lil' overated :P

JpRngr
06-30-2004, 01:12 AM

9am or 10am works for me. I will be spending the weekend in Breckenridge, so it's not too far of a drive for me.

Corey, what time do you suggest?

Looks like we'll be meeting up with some buddies at the gas station right next to Bandimere at 7:00am Sat. So, that should put us up there around 9:00ish, give or take an hour. :mrgreen:

Corey

OverkillZJ
06-30-2004, 01:57 AM
Dave, just got your voice mail, I"ll give ya a call tomorrow from Marks after 5pm :thumbsup: <I know that wont work

BigDaveZJ
06-30-2004, 05:42 PM
I'm thinking I might skip out on the Friday night camping and just meet up there in the morning. Dunno for sure yet though. Got a lot of stuff to get done between now and then and still have to pack up all my crap. I bring WAAAAAAY too much stuff with me when I go camping.

CrisT
06-30-2004, 06:35 PM

John, we could meet you somewhere in Silverthorne. Say, 8:15 to 8:30 (that is if we actually get our butts in gear and leave at 7:00. :oops: ) What about the gas station that's right off the westbound exit on the north side? We could then meet up with the people who are camping, at the trail head. Speaking of which, where do people want to start the trail - start at the actual beginning of the trail or the bypass?

Scott, are you going too? :D

JohnBoulderCO
06-30-2004, 07:13 PM
I'd have to head back toward Denver to meet you at Silverthorne.
How about the Dillon/Fresno exit?
There is a gas station right at the exit and a Starbucks a few blocks into Dillon.
John

BigDaveZJ
06-30-2004, 07:32 PM
Fresno

:shock:

That's WAAAAAAAAY out of the way!!!

OverkillZJ
07-01-2004, 12:10 AM
...looks like, assuming all of my Jeep repairs go well tomorrow, I'll go and reserve a spot for us at Holy Cross on Friday morning since they are going to fill up FAST.

Was there last week, all but 2 spots were taken by noon.... 4th of july weekend will only make it worse.

I'll be on CB channel 10 for those trying to find the site :)

JohnBoulderCO
07-01-2004, 12:19 AM
Fresno

:shock:

That's WAAAAAAAAY out of the way!!!

Frisco. You knew what I meant. :P

CrisT
07-01-2004, 10:53 AM
Sounds good John, we'll meet you at the gas station at the Dillon/Frisco exit at 8:15-8:30, then we'll meet up with Matt's group.

Matt, should we try to find your camp site, or do you want to meet at the trail head? And do you guys want to start at the bypass?

OverkillZJ
07-01-2004, 11:23 AM
Sounds good John, we'll meet you at the gas station at the Dillon/Frisco exit at 8:15-8:30, then we'll meet up with Matt's group.

Matt, should we try to find your camp site, or do you want to meet at the trail head? And do you guys want to start at the bypass?

Good question... I have no idea how I ended up "camp site organizer" anyway, I'm a flatlander!

Lets meet at the campsite, assuming I get the one that I'm planning on; I'm assuming we'll be rushing to break camp that early with dave sleeping in ;). It's the last camping "grove" before the trailhead, on the left. You guys know what my jeep looks like... I'll leave the CB on channel 10 and up real loud if you guys have trouble finding us...

Does that work?

my cell / home phone is 724 941 9130 is anyone needs anything, but phones don't work at all around Holy Cross :-/

BigDaveZJ
07-01-2004, 11:51 AM
I can break camp pretty easy, though setting up Sat night could bring the suck cuz I'll just throw everything in the back of the ZJ and not pack it all in right.

Tonight's gonna be a late night. I got my tent and camp chair out of the storage room, and nuttin else. I've got a bit of laundry to do tonight, plus a softball game at 9. I'm planning bailing straight from work tomorrow around 4 and heading up to HC to drink some beer.

OverkillZJ
07-01-2004, 12:17 PM
Late night for me planned as well. Have to change control arm bushings, rear pinion seal, clockspring, tcase and diff fluids, find out how I'm getting water in my Jeep, and am still hunting down superior shafts.

Johns 4x4 looks promising, but he won't order from the part numbers I'm giving him; he doesn't believe that I put a TJ 44 under a ZJ. He keeps saying "are you suuuuuuuuure that's a 44?

JohnBoulderCO
07-01-2004, 12:23 PM

Sounds good.

CrisT
07-01-2004, 04:15 PM
Lets meet at the campsite, assuming I get the one that I'm planning on; I'm assuming we'll be rushing to break camp that early with dave sleeping in ;). It's the last camping "grove" before the trailhead, on the left. You guys know what my jeep looks like... I'll leave the CB on channel 10 and up real loud if you guys have trouble finding us...

Does that work?

That works, we should be able to get to you guys by around 9:00, but expect a little later. We'll have a couple of trailers we'll need to find parking spaces for, but we can figure that out then.

See you Saturday, bright and early!

JohnBoulderCO
07-01-2004, 06:04 PM
Trailers? Did Corey get the steering fixed?

CrisT
07-01-2004, 06:17 PM
No, we are going to trailer mine. Plus it will be nice to have it just in case something happens to anyone :)

JohnBoulderCO
07-01-2004, 08:46 PM
Good thinking. Seems whenever you have the trailer, someone needs it.

BigDaveZJ
07-01-2004, 09:54 PM
Geez guys, just rub it in why dontchya!!

MAJOR CHANGE IN PLANS

Matt's not going. Chipped ring gear in the 44. So now there's nobody to go reserve a campsite tomorrow morning, so camping is pointless. So now it looks like I have to get up uber-early. Guess I'll see you guys at the gas station at 7!

OverkillZJ
07-02-2004, 12:09 AM

Matt's not going. Chipped ring gear in the 44.

FQ#$*Y!#@$#@$#$44!

ya....now calling around for shafts AND a ring/pinion/install kit, LOL.

This sucks. I wanted to hit up holy cross again.

Trying to get gears done and broken in for carnage on monday though, by some miracle.

JohnBoulderCO
07-02-2004, 02:00 AM

MAJOR CHANGE IN PLANS

Matt's not going. Chipped ring gear in the 44. So now there's nobody to go reserve a campsite tomorrow morning, so camping is pointless. So now it looks like I have to get up uber-early. Guess I'll see you guys at the gas station at 7!

We don't have to get there uber-early, if you want to start later. Just let me know.

BigDaveZJ
07-02-2004, 03:44 AM

MAJOR CHANGE IN PLANS

We don't have to get there uber-early, if you want to start later. Just let me know.

I'd rather start early, don't wanna get stuck in traffic all day up there!

Colorado 5.9
07-06-2004, 04:58 PM
Had lots of fun Sat. Here are the pics. http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=4286322927

Thanks again for spotting everyone Corey. :D

BigDaveZJ
07-06-2004, 05:17 PM
Had lots of fun Sat. Here are the pics. http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=4286322927

Thanks again for spotting everyone Corey. :D

cough cough TRIP REPORTS cough cough :flipoff2:

JpRngr
07-06-2004, 08:22 PM
Cough..Cough...At least he went...Cough...Cough!

JohnBoulderCO
07-07-2004, 02:06 AM
Cough..Cough...At least he went...Cough...Cough!

Ditto.