PDA

View Full Version : Ideas?

BigDaveZJ
06-27-2004, 08:18 PM
I'd like to hear what people think about the layout of the forum, changes, additions, blah blah blah.

GetoZJ
06-27-2004, 08:28 PM
Get a logo up in the corner instead of that phpbb thing, and lets change the colours away from the happy fruity nagca factory colour scheme, black background more liek pirate or snort4x4.com, and let me run a forum or two, I'll be good, I promise :P

BLACKZJ
06-27-2004, 08:29 PM
Maybe a section for noob crap like the BB stuff, tire size/per lift, general differences between AT,MT, the crap that everyone gets flamed for elsewhere.

BigDaveZJ
06-27-2004, 08:31 PM
Maybe a section for noob crap like the BB stuff, tire size/per lift, general differences between AT,MT, the crap that everyone gets flamed for elsewhere.

You must've forgot to read the description I gave on NAGCA of what this site will be about!

BigDaveZJ
06-27-2004, 08:32 PM
Kelly,
I've got a few mods lined up already, but if I need more I'll let you know. Just don't make me hit you with the ban-stick!!

GetoZJ
06-27-2004, 08:34 PM
Kelly,
I've got a few mods lined up already, but if I need more I'll let you know. Just don't make me hit you with the ban-stick!!

Don't power trip. I'm planing on hitting up Moab in august, we should wheel together.

BigDaveZJ
06-27-2004, 08:37 PM
I've already been out there twice this year, and don't have a whole lot of vacation time left from work. Plus it's fawking hot in Moab in August!

GetoZJ
06-27-2004, 08:40 PM
I've already been out there twice this year, and don't have a whole lot of vacation time left from work. Plus it's fawking hot in Moab in August!

That means I'll have to solve my low speed overheating issues, time to put dryer vents on the hood

Kraqa
06-27-2004, 09:24 PM
I like the idea of changing the back ground. black is nice. i saw a board that the back ground was black and the writing and threads were orange that looked prity sweet.

maybe you should start a thread for people to post sweet flex pic's and then you could crop them for your logo.

a forum just for hydrolics would be nice. maybe a data base for user rides and pics, could be something you could get it when you pay the subscription maybe.

also the ablility to upload pics would be nice but i don't knwo what kind of bandwidth you need to get that.

all in all i love the whole idea of this site and i am volunteering myself to help out in anyways if you need.

Kraqa
06-27-2004, 09:46 PM
maybe spiliting up the WJ's and the ZJ's into two specific forums.

BigDaveZJ
06-27-2004, 09:50 PM
maybe spiliting up the WJ's and the ZJ's into two specific forums.

Not gonna do that. I've always been an opponent of that when it gets brought up on JU.

Kraqa
06-27-2004, 09:51 PM
hmm, i have never seen that befor. no prob. just throwing idea's around.

Kraqa
06-28-2004, 12:39 AM
definatly need the black back ground.

gsh
06-28-2004, 12:50 PM
If you do the black background, make sure you select a good contrast color for the text.

Kraqa
06-28-2004, 01:02 PM
I'm tellin ya man orange would be sweet. the same orange thats on the reply button right now. i saw it on a board and it looked soo sweet. the board has since change to red but the orange was really cool.

OverkillZJ
06-29-2004, 02:03 AM
There's gotta be some better suggestions than color scheme

there's many more important things at hand... like... WHERE'S THIS GUY!?http://www.pirate4x4.com/ubb/smilies/thefinger.gif

LouisianaZJ
06-29-2004, 10:06 PM
There's gotta be some better suggestions than color scheme

there's many more important things at hand... like... WHERE'S THIS GUY!?http://www.pirate4x4.com/ubb/smilies/thefinger.gif

yeah, the pastel color scheme and ghey smileys suck.. like these little guys :lol: :D :oops: WTF?

the forum divisions look good to me.. might want to add a section on Fabrication/Welding issues, but I dont think that will be much of an issue cause most of those topics would be handled by Suspension Forum..so probably not really necessary as of now

BMRisko
06-29-2004, 11:38 PM

You came to the wrong place son. You'll get banned for that crap here.

ATL ZJ
06-30-2004, 12:12 AM
I second that... let's see an orange background for a change.

Kraqa
06-30-2004, 12:54 AM
black back ground orange writing

chopshop
06-30-2004, 01:26 AM
maybe a section on tools/welders/benders - fabrication stuff for the home shop. A place to put how you made a little jig, or a bracket that could be easily copied for bumper mounting or whatever. kinda a tech spot for general fabrication, as opposed to specifics like "suspension"

but then again, you don't want to wind up with 30 sections to patrol.

rule with an iron fist. be a dick about it, too. it'll keep the searching fast.

BigDaveZJ
06-30-2004, 03:09 AM
it'll keep the searching fast.

The search won't even be an issue for a while, there aint shit to search yet!!

chopshop
06-30-2004, 06:05 PM
how about being able to "mark all read" for the front menu, instead of being inside a topic. I always forget, then have to go back in.

BigDaveZJ
06-30-2004, 06:24 PM
how about being able to "mark all read" for the front menu, instead of being inside a topic. I always forget, then have to go back in.

Don't believe I can do that with this software. I do hope to be able to upgrade to vBulletin within a year though.

chopshop
07-01-2004, 01:32 AM
BAN HIM!!!!

JohnBoulderCO
07-02-2004, 02:08 AM
Please change the background color to something lighter. This super dark green makes it hard to read the posts.

BigDaveZJ
07-02-2004, 02:09 AM
Please change the background color to something lighter. This super dark green makes it hard to read the posts.

I'm workin on it John, trying to figure out this HTML color crap, the IM's I'm getting about it are pretty entertaining though!

JohnBoulderCO
07-02-2004, 02:23 AM
Thanks. Still up too? I just got back from hanging out at Bob's place. Zack (Nate's roommate) was helping Bob strip a truck (Bob's new buggy project). I was just yaking mostly and drinking beer. Bob did spray us all with ATF, but that is another story. Well, off to bed now.

jwbronco
07-02-2004, 12:35 PM
How about a section for engines that will include upgrades, troubleshooting. Maybe a section for electrical upgrades and troubleshooting. I believe that would keep things pretty organized. I was never a fan of the performance section of NAGCA because thats to vague.

I'm really digging this forum too, keep up the good work.

BigDaveZJ
07-02-2004, 12:39 PM
Engines fall into drivetrain, and electrical will fall into general. I think it works for now, but we'll see as the forum gets larger.

Kraqa
07-02-2004, 12:41 PM
i though that performance section was a joke. this whole msg board is a performance section.

BlackDiamondBound
07-02-2004, 05:31 PM
you should have a section for everyone to post their pics of there grands. readers rides or somthing like that

Kraqa
07-02-2004, 06:07 PM
might take up to much band width and force this to become a pay site. which it will anyway. and i have no problem paying if its not .........one million dollars.

BigDaveZJ
07-03-2004, 02:47 AM
you should have a section for everyone to post their pics of there grands. readers rides or somthing like that

Ummm . . . . I have that already.

BlackDiamondBound
07-03-2004, 03:06 PM
my bad :evil:

"Jeep Journals and Member's Rides"

i never new it said member's rides.