PDA

View Full Version : New steering box braces from Mountain Vista Fabrication

FortCollinsZJ
11-26-2013, 12:48 PM
Hi guys! I have been selling crazy amounts of these braces on ebay, and through word of mouth, and have decided to offer them under a vendor account here on MC.

I started making these back in 2009 or so, and they have evolved through 5 different stages. Starting as 100% hand made pieces, even using axle tube from my old dana 35 for part of the collar! Now they have progressed into a very fine product.

CNC cut and bent brackets now finish off this brace. The only available ZJ steering box brace that uses four bolts to bolt it to the frame rail, not two, like even my own previous versions. This adds much more strength, but also allows you to use the stock swaybar bushings and brackets, as well as aftermarket if you so choose.

Add rigidity, piece of mind, predictability, and strength back into your ZJ steering. Fits ALL MODELS! V8 or I6.

The website is VERY new, only features ONE product haha, but I need to get it rolling to help me finish off my 4x8 precision plasma table build. I'm still a little ways off, but i'm hoping to offer MANY new products once I can start burning. (Quarter panel armor anyone?)

PM me, or buy it on the website!

http://shop.mountainvistafabrication.com/Jeep-Grand-Cherokee-93-98-ZJ-Steering-Box-Brace-ZJSBB01.htm

Here are a few pictures of the brace.

Jeep Whore
11-27-2013, 01:40 AM
Glad these are taking off for ya, I always try to tell people about yours when I can.

sent from my phone.

FortCollinsZJ
12-04-2013, 01:37 AM
Thanks a lot Jeep Whore!

It was all those early word-of-mouth sales that helped me decide that I should try this out more legitimately. It has been a VERY expensive last few months, spending what little I have had saved, for a new Plasma table, and retro fitting the shop for better utilization. Wont be too much longer before the table is running. I hope.

Two more braces being shipped out tomorrow! Thanks for the orders!

Keep 'em coming!

PS: What other products would you guys like to see? Quarter panel armor is definitely in the works. I was thinking about a dash bar with a passenger handlebar, too. That's definitely something I need.

Jeep Whore
12-04-2013, 01:57 AM
You're welcome!

If you do the quarter panel armor would that be just skins or with the addition of a bar aswell? I'm sure if you became a vendor on JF it would all take off at a pretty good rate.

sent from my phone.

OverlandXJ
12-04-2013, 09:52 AM
I'll be ordering a brace at some point, Jeep is almost road ready. Personally I could use a grab handle on a-pillar.. dunno if it'd be desirable to others. Age and bad back are catching up..

jsteves
12-04-2013, 10:49 AM
I know my old man would be in for quarter panel armor - he has been wanting to cover up the "oops" for a long time.

I love the tube doors I got from you...don't what the market is like for those.

polar_jeep_04
12-04-2013, 11:47 AM
I'd like a winch bumper that doesn't stick out like a park bench.

Quarter armor is cool too.

Can you keep the front sway bay with this box brace?

Jeep Whore
12-04-2013, 11:49 AM
Yes you can polar, you can use the factory swaybar mounts instead of getting the KOR style.

sent from my phone.

FortCollinsZJ
12-04-2013, 01:11 PM
That's right. Use the factory swaybar mounts, or upgrade later to the nice poly ones. The brace works with either.

Had a customer that was kind enough to take this picture for me.

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa231/NEILZJ/Steering box brace/brace.jpg (http://s203.photobucket.com/user/NEILZJ/media/Steering box brace/brace.jpg.html)

DJJordache
12-07-2013, 12:31 AM
I have been waiting for 1/4 panel armor since KOZ first posted about theirs back in 06ish. definitely in for a set of those! just have not had a tube bender to make my own with the handi rails..... book them and they will come!

ajmorell
12-07-2013, 12:31 PM
Do these double as a weapon to bludgeon the asshole who's eyeing you woman? Jk, I had one of your braces on my zj and was really happy with it, it fit much better than the first one I had from somewhere else

PurpleZJ
12-07-2013, 06:14 PM
Nice man, I may have to pick one of these up soon