PDA

View Full Version : paving of the Rubicon Trail

Sudz
10-21-2012, 04:59 PM
title sez it all..

photo blog (http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2210-Transformation-of-the-Rubicon-Before-amp-After-Photos-5-Years-in-the-Making)

IndyZJ
10-21-2012, 06:10 PM
While it might be a huge disappointment for some and others are downright butthurt, at least the trail is still there, accessible, and legal.

Before the newest round of "paving" started, word on pirate was that a group of "enthusiasts" modified parts of the trail to make it more challenging a few years ago before everyone and his brother started going and trashing it out and otherwise causing more work for everyone involved in maintaining the Rubicon. Isn't it a county road anyway?

The trail has not always been as extreme as some think it to be. Hell, in they even drove Studebakers over it way back in the day in the trail's more original condition. It's just rocks - it'll erode and change over time anyway.

biggoofy
10-21-2012, 10:31 PM
thats rather disappointing looks like kiddie trails now

AgitatedPancake
10-21-2012, 11:35 PM
Honestly, it's almost no longer a wheeling spot for me. I might enjoy it...with my black WJ with open differentials and 31-33" tires. Still nice camping though, as long as it doesnt overpopulate at this point (yeah right).

We're losing all our wheeling, it sucks. That's the main reason I'm looking more and more at racing, keep doing what I love without it getting destroyed before my eyes.

ZJ TINS
01-14-2013, 09:56 AM
Some of it appears to be erosion protection, ie the side of the gully cuts being rocked up.
Some appears soemone moved blast rock, other people filled in to make it easier.

Next trip take some big boys and clear the helper rocks out. On flat areas look for large boulder and winch them on to the trail, dig down a few inches to make them look like the have been there all along.