PDA

View Full Version : Need headers for my truck

BigClay
09-14-2012, 07:28 PM
While I am having my 1996 Dodge Ram V10 rebuilt, I want to put some headers on it. Looking for some recommendations on header manufacturers. Who do you recommend?

ATL ZJ
09-14-2012, 10:34 PM
Clay I do not know about v10 headers specifically but I have run two brands I like. On my rig I run Hooker LS block huggers which are great. On my Titan I run JBAs which are nice as well. I'd buy both again.

IndyZJ
09-15-2012, 12:28 PM
How many companies make headers for the v10? I'd start there.

With headers, especially for relatively oddball applications like your v10, you generally get what you pay for. Cheap headers will make you wish you stuck with manifolds. Whatever you get, get ceramic coating for a DD/ tow rig. If possible, get them in stainless, too, or they WILL rust sooner or later as even the best ceramic coatings have a certain life expectancy. On a DD or something that gets driven in all weather, rust will begin sooner than later. You'll be spending quite a bit of cash for them, so spend a bit more for pieces that will last. If you can't afford good ones, stick with stock manifolds.

My experience with headers has been that no one company builds perfect headers for every application. Check Dodge-specific boards to find out what actually fits for your exact combination.