PDA

View Full Version : Summer trip across Central-Western Canada

Shayne_354
11-27-2011, 02:17 PM
I would like to guage interest in a group camping trip across Central-Western Canada. I think July, August would be the best time. That would be the warmest time for sleeping in tents and less bugs then in Spring! There are many trails that can be used durring summer months. I'm thinking 3 weeks out and 3 weeks back. Basicly starting at the Wissconsin,Michigan border(Ironwood, Mi. Hurrley,Wi.) following roughly a Noth/Northwestern track. The return leg would then head South back to the US border. I would like to go as far North as Yellow Knife, but that would take too long. A small town called Buffalo Nawwrows would be a great stopping point before returning South. Medicine Hat would be the last Canadian stop before splitting up to return home. This could be done in 4 weeks, but I think 6 weeks would be a more relaxed trip. If 8 to 10 rigs would commit, we could then negotiate the route and time. There may also be alternate routes if most of the people showing interest are in the Central to Eastern US. Maybe Cross the border near Detroit and come back in up-state New York. The terrain would be so much nicer going the first route since the Eastern route would cross more paved roads and would require going vthrough many swamps. Anyone interested, please respond with your thoughts. Thanks.