PDA

View Full Version : Constantly logged out?

ATL ZJ
11-16-2011, 10:30 PM
Ever since the forum was "upgraded" I have been getting logged out constantly. The timeout is like 5 or 10 minutes... so bad that when I am doing more than one thing at once and go to post I get an error telling me to refresh the page and I have to log back in and start over.

Is this a forum setting, a user setting, or a computer-specific setting. If it matters I am using Win7 with Firefox and I do my best to type as fast as I can before the forum kicks me out.

Any ideas on how to fix this? It sure is annoying.

ArloGuthroJeep
11-16-2011, 11:18 PM
Doesn't happen to me - tried deleting cookies? I hate that answer, but sometimes it helps:/

BigDaveZJ
11-16-2011, 11:33 PM
Doesn't happen to me - tried deleting cookies? I hate that answer, but sometimes it helps:/

X2

Between home computers, work computers, iPad, phone, etc I probably log in here from 4-5 machines a week and am never logged out automatically.

ATL ZJ
11-16-2011, 11:41 PM
I hate that answer too but I appreciate it. Might have to give that a try. Now that I think about it my iphone stays logged in. Pretty sure this happened a while back when vbulletin came out with an update of some kind. It happens on pirate too.

rstrucks
11-17-2011, 10:50 AM
It happens to me somewhat often. I have gotten into the habit of copying my post before I submit just in case it wants me to log in again to complete the post. Although it seems that the "auto save content" is usually there to save me the trouble.

I also get the "are you sure you want to navigate away from this page" after I hit the submit post button every once in a while. It happend in the post I had just made prior to this one.

OverkillZJ
11-17-2011, 11:55 AM
It happens to me on my Macbook running an outdated version of FireFox - but does not happen on the other 7 computers running IE, Firefox, or Chrome. No idea, staying logged in is just a cookie, and we don't have any timeouts set.

OverkillZJ
12-05-2011, 02:55 PM
Cam - this should be fixed. There was something in the last forum update that changed the domain forwarders - so if you were coming to the site using "www" on some browsers, you'd get an "invalid redirect" notice once in awhile and get bounced off the site. I started seeing it when I typed www.mallcrawlin.com instead of just mallcrawlin.com myself.