PDA

View Full Version : ZJ Center Console & front seat replacement

VinnieTheFish
11-13-2011, 01:51 PM
Yesterday I spent the day tackling the interior for my project 96 ZJ Laredo. Removed the seats, removed the center console and tore out the carpet as it was in really bad shape. After it was completely removed I reinstalled the seats, console and detailed the rest of the interior as my most likely never cleaned the car in 6 years and smoke quite a bite. All said and done, the interior looks great even with the carpet removed but I'm wondering now if there is some sort of aftermarket replacement for the center console that would fit the ZJ.

Has anyone looked into this or found a way to install an aftermarket console? If so can you provide some links or pics? Maybe a swap from another vehicle that worked like an XJ or TJ? Seems there's quite a bit of aftermarket consoles available just not that advertise that would work in a ZJ.

Also if you have any suggestions for front seat replacements I'd like to hear some feedback as well for those who have already swapped them out. Pics would be helpful but mfr/model seat would be appreciated. Hopefully something that I would have to fabricate to fit in the Jeep.

almost considering getting rid of the power seats (since the motor going forward doesn't work very well without some assistance pulling the seat forward). I found a pair of manual seats at the junk yard and might consider buying those, then paying someone to redo the junk yard seats since the fabric/cushion is in questionable shape. That or just take the manual base and bolt on my seats to that.

Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

black_zj
11-18-2011, 11:23 PM
I'm sure you own a tape measure and a brain to record your findings of the stock seats and console, then go to the salvage yard and find what fits.

K2
12-06-2011, 12:21 PM
A TOTM was seats.

http://mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?23965-TOTM-Seats-and-Harnesses