PDA

View Full Version : GSMW '11 @ the Badlands

indy242003
09-07-2011, 02:55 PM
Who's in for the 14th, 15th, and 16th of October.

Post up so we can get eveyone in line.

IndyZJ
09-07-2011, 05:03 PM
I'm there assuming I can sneak in enough time in to get my YJ up and going.

indy242003
09-07-2011, 10:03 PM
I'm there assuming I can sneak in enough time in to get my YJ up and going.

I hear ya. I've got some work to do myself. Just gotta get done.

Evilmudder
09-08-2011, 05:24 PM
I will be there.

just1more19
09-08-2011, 07:28 PM
Planning to be there atleast 1 or 2 days as a ride along if anyone going will have a spare pass seat? or if all my body and suspension parts make it in time I may be driving.

Evilmudder
09-13-2011, 05:13 PM
Is anybody else going to be coming to this event?

bwhicker649
09-15-2011, 08:40 PM
I have a lot to do to the zj in the next 4 weeks but i will be there. hopefully will be ably to talk a friend into bringing theres with also.

Bmlzj 86
09-15-2011, 10:24 PM
i'm trying to make it at least one of those days almost got her ready!!

quadratokn
09-19-2011, 11:36 AM
I should be able to make it. Has this been decided for sure yet??

Evilmudder
09-19-2011, 08:57 PM
Looks like it is going to be the weekend of Oct. 14-16th. I know i will be there on friday nite. Does anybody know if the campground will still be open?

indy242003
09-21-2011, 11:35 PM
I will be there. We will have everyone meet up first thing Saturday morning. Make sure you have you flag and get your registration with the park done first and we will meet in the camp ground area.

Evilmudder
09-26-2011, 03:21 PM
Is anybody else going to be staying the nite at the campground or is everybody just coming in for the day?

indy242003- you want to meet in the campground or the lower parking lot?

indy242003
09-27-2011, 09:20 PM
I tell you what, why don't we meet up at the lower parking lot right after the park opens. I will be there until 10:00a.m., then we head out. We will meet again @ noon so that anyone that comes in late can catch up. Sound good? I run a CB radio also, if you need to get a hold of me just call for Jim Bailey on channel 15.

Evilmudder
09-27-2011, 09:28 PM
Sounds good to me. Are you just coming down for the day indy242003?

indy242003
09-28-2011, 10:21 PM
Sounds good to me. Are you just coming down for the day indy242003?

Nope. I'll be there Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

indy242003
10-06-2011, 10:36 AM
About a week left guys! I still have to bleed the new full hydo system and mount and charge my ORI's. Should be ready then! I have put a ton of work in to make this ride, and It's just about done.

Evilmudder
10-06-2011, 04:06 PM
Can't wait. Just got a couple of things to do to mine and i will be ready. Mite have a buddy coming down with his comanchee.

indy242003
10-10-2011, 10:59 AM
Man, this is going to be down to the wire again! I always feel like I'm on one of those Chop, Cut, Rebuild episodes when I get ready to go wheelin".

Seems that I have lost or misplaced some fittings for the orbital. Chip @ PringleFab in Houston is next daying me the parts today and I should have them tomorrow. I still need to mount the ORI's and charge them today. I also found out I have a hairline crack in one of my knuckles. I'm gonna weld it, plate it, and pray. If all goes as planned, should be loaded up on Wednesday night. My shake down run will consist of a blast down a turn row, though a couple of ditches, and on to the trailer.

SirFuego
10-10-2011, 11:13 AM
Jim, you don't have a build thread with your most recent changes, do you? Anything other than coil springs are a long way off for me, but I'm really interested how the ORIs work out for you.

IndyZJ
10-10-2011, 11:37 AM
Fawk me. The YJ is definitely not going to be ready and I wouldn't be able to stay all weekend - too busy with school and a snafu with work. I'm wanting to dust off the ZJ and bringing it out for a day, but it wouldn't be up for a whole hell of a lot (basically stock with 2" of lift, 31s, and no skids now).:shake:

indy242003
10-10-2011, 02:29 PM
Jim, you don't have a build thread with your most recent changes, do you? Anything other than coil springs are a long way off for me, but I'm really interested how the ORIs work out for you.

Yeah, I'm sorry about that. I'm not big on writing build write ups because it feels like I'm pulling the "Look at me, and how awesome I am", kinda thing. I know most of the time it's not that way, and I really do need to document some of the things I've done to my WJ. I'm a pretty humble guy and don't want people to think that I'm bragging or know everything there is to know. I have read countless builds for information, and it's only right that I post up my experiences with a Grand. I went with 16" STX ORI's. I have not put them in the dirt yet, but after this weekend, I will give you a full write up on both my Jeep and the ORI's performance. I was planning on running them soon, but not for this trip. This all changed when I discovered a coil over lost charge due to a bad seal. I bumped up my purchase date and pulled the trigger now. What really sold me was a comment from an ORI owner on Pirate that refered to them as, "Riding on a cloud of titties", and who would think that was not a good idea?

Evilmudder
10-10-2011, 05:43 PM
Well with everything going on with my house i am buying looks like i will only be able to make it down for the day on saturday. Planning on just driving it down now instead of trailering so will have to watch what i get into but will still have a good time. Anybody know how many rigs we got coming?

indy242003
10-13-2011, 10:56 AM
Well guys, I will not be making the trip. I got the 60 in the front, Steering done, ORI's mounted and charged, winch working, and even got the rear suck down winch working. I took it for a shake down run last night and there is something banging and binding in the front end. I also discovered i have 2 cracked knuckles. I would have just loaded it up and went if it was not 550 miles. I figured I would end up wrenching all weekend and probably breaking something and making things worse. Sorry guys.

IndyZJ
10-13-2011, 01:32 PM
Is this still going down? Looks like this year isn't panning out too well :smt085

If anyone is still going, I should be able to get the ZJ going and make it Sunday, but won't be able to hit anything too serious. There's still plenty to do at Badlands for mild rigs, though.

So who's still in?

Evilmudder
10-14-2011, 09:54 AM
I will be down there on saturday. Have got a buddy coming with that is bringing his comanchee down. If anybody wants to come and do some wheeling we will be down there for the day.

just1more19
10-14-2011, 10:51 PM
I was wanting to have mine going by now, I hope all of you that go have a good time! Wish I could join you its going to be the perfect weather this weekend.. I hope this isn't the end to GSMW.....:smt105

Evilmudder
10-16-2011, 08:24 PM
Well my buddy also backed out so i just went down with my son and messed around. Ended up wheelin with a couple of jeeps that i met down there. Park was full of atv's and dirt bikes but there really wasn't a lot of vehicles out wheelin. Got to cover a lot of ground also. Was nice that it was the last weekend for the 7pm close summer hours. Will have to get something together and go wheeling with everybody.

just1more19
10-16-2011, 10:26 PM
Well my buddy also backed out so i just went down with my son and messed around. Ended up wheelin with a couple of jeeps that i met down there. Park was full of atv's and dirt bikes but there really wasn't a lot of vehicles out wheelin. Got to cover a lot of ground also. Was nice that it was the last weekend for the 7pm close summer hours. Will have to get something together and go wheeling with everybody.

Agreed, we need to try to get everybody together or atleast maybe instead of a 3 day just make it one big saturday or sunday run where we meet up and can spend one night grillin and camping, drink alil beer and just shoot the shi:t. hope we don't die out here in the midwest. we just can't seem to get it together to meet up anymore!