PDA

View Full Version : TOTM: Seats and Harnesses

rstrucks
07-01-2011, 09:56 AM
A lot of us have moved passed stock seats and seatbelts for performance and safety reasons. What do you think is the best set-up? What brand seats are you using, how much did they cost you, what do you like/don't like and what are the advantages over stock equipment? What about correct belt routing and mounting along with belt and connection style?

biggoofy
07-01-2011, 10:24 AM
This should be very helpful to me!

ATL ZJ
07-01-2011, 10:26 AM
Stock seats are a joke if you are going to do any kind of wheeling. Their shortcomings are mostly in the comfort and safety departments. They can be tough to clean too.

I have spent many a trailride sitting on my corbeau baja standard width seats and I'd recommend them. I opted for black vinyl which seems to have been a good choice. I parked my rig outside and uncovered for a couple years and with the top chopped, the seats have spent a lot of time holding water. That water rotted the seams so now they are due to be replaced. Still, even with massive tears and weathered padding, they're incredibly comfortable to drive and wheel on.

I'll let someone else chime in on belt routing- there are a few correct ways and it's advisable to not deviate too much from them. The main points are to mount your shoulder straps about shoulder height or higher (I'm approximating) and to run a sub strap to keep your lap belts down in proper position. I didn't use to run the sub strap and about a year ago, I started to and it has made a huge difference without causing much discomfort. I expected it to be really uncomfortable just because of where it goes, but it hasn't been bad at all.

BigClay
07-01-2011, 11:18 AM
How about wider seats? I know most suspension seats are meant for you scrawny MFers :flipoff2:, but what about for bigger guys like me?

biggoofy
07-01-2011, 11:23 AM
How about wider seats? I know most suspension seats are meant for you scrawny MFers :flipoff2:, but what about for bigger guys like me?

and me not all of us can be like Tyler!

SB406
07-01-2011, 11:38 AM
Stock seats are a joke if you are going to do any kind of wheeling. Their shortcomings are mostly in the comfort and safety departments. They can be tough to clean too.

I have spent many a trailride sitting on my corbeau baja standard width seats and I'd recommend them. I opted for black vinyl which seems to have been a good choice. I parked my rig outside and uncovered for a couple years and with the top chopped, the seats have spent a lot of time holding water. That water rotted the seams so now they are due to be replaced. Still, even with massive tears and weathered padding, they're incredibly comfortable to drive and wheel on.

I'll let someone else chime in on belt routing- there are a few correct ways and it's advisable to not deviate too much from them. The main points are to mount your shoulder straps about shoulder height or higher (I'm approximating) and to run a sub strap to keep your lap belts down in proper position. I didn't use to run the sub strap and about a year ago, I started to and it has made a huge difference without causing much discomfort. I expected it to be really uncomfortable just because of where it goes, but it hasn't been bad at all.

X2.
I wheeled stock GC seats for years, and recently upgraded to Corbeau Baja SS's (Standard width). Night & Day difference. Super comfortable and keep you from sliding around. I know somebody will say "But I run full belts with my stock seats and it holds me in place." Not even a comparison.
In order to properly route my belts, I didn't run them through the slot in the backrest. The slot was way too low. I ran them over the top and haven't had an issue. The more they break in, the more comfortable they get.

My main motivation for getting them was safety. I finally said to myself, "Is it going to take somebody getting hurt in my truck for me to invest in safer seats?" Once somebody screws up their back due to cheap seats, it's too late.

The only downside is that people want to sit in your truck and not get out.
I bought mine through RPMOffroad, through pirate. $350 on my door for the pair. That's pretty tough to beat.

CrawlerReady
07-01-2011, 11:43 AM
and me not all of us can be like Tyler!

:flipoff2:

SirFuego
07-01-2011, 11:44 AM
I posted this in the other thread, but figured that it would be good here, too. I modified it slightly based on the comments, but here goes:

In terms of harnesses, any brand that's SFI certified (which is basically any harness you buy from virtually any racing store) would work. If you have any racing buddies, they may have a set of harnesses that's already expired. As long as they aren't frayed, they should be more than sufficient and they'd probably get rid of them relatively cheap. That's how I got my set of harnesses.

The important things to consider:

Latching mechanism. The cam-lock style is nice, but it can build up with mud -- which may not be a big deal until you start wheeling without doors. I prefer latch and link not only for price, but the fact that they seem to latch easier in muddy environments.
I'm a bigger guy with wide shoulders, so I prefer 3" shoulder belts, but some skinnier folk prefer the 2" shoulder belts. So you might want to take that into consideration.
I'm not a big fan of the "wrap-around" style of mounting. If the belt is able to slide across the tube, it's possible that the belt can move after a bunch of jostling around and actually loosen up the harness -- not really what you want in a rollover. The belts aren't going anywhere with a bolt on style mount. That said, some folks do prefer wrap-around style -- just make sure that you use tube clamps or something to prevent the belts from sliding. You can also supposedly triple weave the belt so that it gets tight enough to where it doesn't move.
Always keep your belts on an empty seat connected. This will not only prevent them from flopping around, but also prevent the lap belts or shoulder straps swing out the side (again if you have no doors or tube doors), which makes them vulnerable to rocks or trees. I know this from experience so I will be getting new harnesses before I'm back on the trails. This could also help to deter any mud/dirt build up in a cam-lock style harness.
Most folks I know (including myself) prefer the "pull down" harnesses to tighten the shoulder belts. Again, this is a matter of preference, though.
I sound like a parent saying this, but wear the complete harness all the time while wheeling -- even on access roads and "easy" trails. Sometimes flops happen when you least expect it. Plus, I've noticed that a nice side effect of doing so is that I'm much less fatigued after a hard day of wheeling due to the fact that I'm not constantly being thrown around
I would recommend getting harness pads for the shoulders. SB406 has the "V" style harnesses and says that it rubs against his heck. I have the same problem with the H style harnesses as well.
You definitely want a 5 point harness instead of a 4 point. Installed properly, the sub belt should not be uncomfortable and it prevents the lap belt/shoulder belts from moving during a crash or rollover.

SirFuego
07-01-2011, 12:04 PM
Corbeau Ultras. Believe it or not, the "regular" Ultras fit me very well and I don't need the the ultra-wide option (I'm a fattie -- 6' and ~300lbs, but I also apparently don't have as big of an ass as my waist size says I should). I've sat in the Baja SS's and they almost felt like a child seat to me. I couldn't easily get my butt seated between side supports, so I sat a bit high and eventually I nestled down into them. However, the seat back was very low. With the Ultras, my head was almost flush with the head rest -- which is a big deal because that would give me some nice padding for my head to slam into during a rollover.

I've been in a harness in suspension seats before as well as the stock seats. The stock seats aren't horrible (that is what I use now and they are somewhat comfortable), but they do not compare in any way, shape, or form to the comfort of being fully strapped into a suspension seat like the Corbeaus. They offer a LOT more side support to where it feels like you aren't going anywhere.

OverkillZJ had complaints about the vinyl on his Corbeaus retaining moisture and has recommended to me that I go with the cloth because it dries out much quicker.

Mastercraft, PRP, Beard, and Twisted Stitch are all other great options for suspension seats, but all of them are more expensive. In terms of normal trail riding, though, I've yet to hear a complaint about the Corbeaus not related to mis-use, so it's tough to go with anything else -- since it seems like the only way to know if you'll like a seat is to sit in it.

biggoofy
07-01-2011, 12:25 PM
Being 6'8 its tough to find anything that fits me do you think the ultra's would work well for me?

bshows73
07-01-2011, 12:35 PM
I have had racecraft suspension seats for around 6 years now. They are 2" wider than the standard seat suspension seats. they spend 4 years in my Bronco uncovered in the sun and after about 3 years the tweed they used was shot. I had them recovered by another local seat manufacturer a year ago and then threw them in the Jeep. The thing I hate about them is they are build for a Y style shoulder harness which is super uncomfortable. I should have had them redone for the H style shoulder harness when I had them recovered but I wasn;t thinking. I put them in the Jeep and until I build a cage I am using the stock seat belt. When I buy seats for the bronco it will be the same type of seat. I can find them for 160 a piece locally.

jpeterson
07-07-2011, 02:09 AM
I wrote this up and put it in a post build thread. Its info on how someone may want to mount the seats to the factory sliders.
The seats are Twisted Stich WIDE version and the harnesses are from Crow.

I started off with a piece of 3/8 flat stock, and cut four
pieces and then put holes in the top corner.
I then cut the angle so that when the flat stock was welded to it should
fit in between the tabs on the seat.
Welded them up and come up with two of these.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2zyanmg.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/30w3vcy.jpg

I did a little measuring and drilled the holes into the
brackets so the electronic sliders would bolt right up. And although the bracket is not centered on the slider the seat is centered on the steering wheel.

http://i51.tinypic.com/21ln884.jpg

Bolted it all up to the seat

http://i55.tinypic.com/nwlngy.jpg

And then put it in

http://i55.tinypic.com/jqmh4m.jpg

Now for most the driver and pass will be the same, however
since the ZJ has a pass drop D60, the tunnel is on that side. So there was no slider on the pass
side and I came up with something different.
http://i52.tinypic.com/ourxio.jpg

And the finished product

http://i52.tinypic.com/23tqkub.jpg

They acutally fit really nice, and I am pretty sure the doors would still close if there were any. Seats are nicely made and comfy.

Tommy
07-07-2011, 06:18 AM
PRP's with PRP harnesses for me. They are local to me and I got a sweet cash deal. :)

I think the sliders from Poly are overpriced. Made my own, and will be mounted to the cage. Almost done...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/Tommy_M/208a291e.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/Tommy_M/c8348468.jpg

jsteves
07-07-2011, 01:08 PM
I mounted my Mastercraft Rubicon seats to the stock sliders in the same way that Jpeterson did. I would never go back to wheeling stock seats. I have had mine for 5 years or so...park outside with doors on most of the time and the seats are just like new. Did cloth rather than vinyl. Use the stock seatbelts for now as I don't have a cage. I will echo that at only 6' tall the harness would have to go over the seat and not through the slits in the seat to be in the proper location. They were about $400 to my door all those years ago.

hvac man
07-07-2011, 09:56 PM
I used to run the Beard enduro seats with Crow harnesses. The second best mod I had on the truggy. I am 5'8" 180lbs. and they fit great. After a long day on the trail I could actually walk when I got out of my rig ;-)

SirFuego
01-10-2012, 02:45 PM
I was debating whether this was worth starting a new thread or not, but I'll add it to this since I don't know that there would be many posts here.

For those running aftermarket seats, can you please post of pics of people actually sitting in the seats with the following information?
Seat Model (and any additional options -- extra tall, extra wide, etc.)
Overall Height of Person Pictured
Floor-to-top-of-head-height when sitting straight against a wall
Weight or Basic Build

BigClay
01-10-2012, 06:10 PM
x2 on Fuego's questions.

In addition to that, what does everyone think about passenger seats. I am going to need the wide version of the seat, but what about the passenger seat? I would like to be able to ride shotgun and let someone else drive sometimes, so my thought is to get a wide version for the passenger as well. So, what are the forseen problems with a normal to small sized person riding the trails in a wide version seat?

zjeepin
01-10-2012, 07:33 PM
i've sat in some of the wide seats comfortably clay.. cobbie put a wide seat on the drivers side of his and a standard on the passenger.. looks a little goofy when the rig is empty but saved him a few bucks on the build side

BigClay
01-10-2012, 08:59 PM
Thanks Trey.

SirFuego
01-27-2012, 04:29 PM
I was debating whether this was worth starting a new thread or not, but I'll add it to this since I don't know that there would be many posts here.

For those running aftermarket seats, can you please post of pics of people actually sitting in the seats with the following information?
Seat Model (and any additional options -- extra tall, extra wide, etc.)
Overall Height of Person Pictured
Floor-to-top-of-head-height when sitting straight against a wall
Weight or Basic Build

Bumpskies :-)

dyn0mitemat
01-29-2012, 12:50 AM
I'm seriously considering picking up a set of baja ss's with my tax return (black vinyl/black cloth), is anyone having any problems with them? I set in some today at 4wheel parts and they felt awesome, but there were a few little rip in the stitching along the bottom of the seat. I'm sure thousands of people have sat in the ones on display, but still worried me a bit. I'd hate to spend the cash and then in a year have them start coming apart on me.

BigClay
01-29-2012, 08:46 AM
Ordered a seat of the Corbeau Ultras in wide. I will give a review once my fat ass sits in them.

Steel City ZJ
02-20-2012, 01:41 AM
Ordered a seat of the Corbeau Ultras in wide. I will give a review once my fat ass sits in them.

Any updates?

BigClay
02-20-2012, 11:03 AM
The seats came in, but I haven't been able to get over there and pick them up, hopefully pick them up this week and give them a sit test

Steel City ZJ
02-20-2012, 02:21 PM
Cool.

Has anyone seen, purchased, or sat in the seats that Kevin sells? I heard that you can have them set up for harnesses if you call and ask when ordering.

CrawlerReady
02-20-2012, 02:35 PM
Cody has a set of Kevin's seats, shoot him a PM or maybe he'll see this and post up.

Steel City ZJ
02-20-2012, 03:08 PM
Can't PM him his inbox is full so I posted on his profile page. Hopefully he responds.

BigClay
02-23-2012, 04:23 PM
Any updates?

Finally picked up the seats. Just for a reference I am ~6' tall ~300#s with a ~50 inch waist... yes I know I am short and fat :flipoff2:

While I was at the local place picking up my seats they had a Corbeau Ultra seat there on a stand (a demo seat). I sat in it first, and suprisingly, I fit, and I think I oculd probably make do in it for a while. Then when I got my Corbeau Ultra wides home and sat in one of those I was extremely pleased, and I fit in it perfectly. Very happy with the wide version, and honestly someone bigger than me could fit comfortable in these seats.

Cody
05-13-2012, 12:48 PM
Can't PM him his inbox is full so I posted on his profile page. Hopefully he responds.

Sorry, didn't realize my box was full. All my bitches be hittin me up too much I guess.

I had the KOR seats and I liked the. I had a couple 8-10 hour freeway trips on them, and honestly I think the stock seats are more comfortable for that. However, off road I really liked them. They were more firm, and I didn't slide around on them like I would the stock leather seats. I would do them again if I had another ZJ, although I would also like to have had some adjustability to the seat back. The brackets and everything worked pretty well--I did a full write up on them on NAGCA that shouldn't be too hard to dig up.

Steel City ZJ
05-13-2012, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the info. Liked the right up.

biggoofy
05-13-2012, 09:53 PM
Anyone have pics of how the lap belts mount under the seat?

dyn0mitemat
07-20-2012, 12:11 AM
bump

I'm debating between a set of jk seats or baha ss's. I know the jk ones aren't suspension, but I can get a pair for right over $100, and I rode shotgun with my buddy a few weeks back and had a good 12 hours or so of seat time and they really felt good. I just dunno if its worth justification of 4x the price for the baja's (which I'd pick up locally at 4wd for 199/x).

I don't doubt the baja's feel better, and are safer offroad. But this is a DD, with probably 10% use on the trail, and don't want something too restrictive (it seems they'd be harder to get in/out of) for every day use.

And I searched a bunch of forums and couldn't find anything, has anyone swapped jk seats in a zj/xj?

Thoughts?

SirFuego
07-20-2012, 09:26 AM
IMO, the primary advantage of suspension seats (as we typically call them) vs. factory seats is the side supports -- which is also a disadvantage.

The side supports help keep your butt and torso in place. Couple that with a harness and you aren't going anywhere. This is HUGE for folks with back problems or folks who feel totally drained after a day of wheeling. You don't realize how much your body fights the bumps and off-camber obstacles until you get strapped into a suspension seat. Of course the disadvantage is that it might be less comfortable for daily driving because it's more difficult to get in and out of, "inexpensive" suspension seats are typically fixed back, and because they don't offer as much movement, they may not be as comfortable for long road trips -- or even expedition wheeling I suppose.

Since it's local, I would HIGHLY recommend going to 4wd and sitting in the seats before you buy them. The top of the Baja SS seats come to somewhere near the bottom of my neck.

Has anyone looked into harness safety lately? I've been reading in a couple different places (sorry, I never bookmarked them, but IIRC RedBullJeep mentioned it somewhere on Pirate) that some manufacturers are recommending mounting the shoulder harnesses 10 degrees or so ABOVE the shoulders now. The lapbelt prevents you from moving up in the seat, whereas the shoulder harnesses prevent you from going forward, and the anti-sub belt prevents everything from moving. So that logic actually makes sense to me, but I was just curious if anyone else -- particularly those with a racing background, have any input.

IndyZJ
07-20-2012, 01:10 PM
Has anyone looked into harness safety lately? I've been reading in a couple different places (sorry, I never bookmarked them, but IIRC RedBullJeep mentioned it somewhere on Pirate) that some manufacturers are recommending mounting the shoulder harnesses 10 degrees or so ABOVE the shoulders now. The lapbelt prevents you from moving up in the seat, whereas the shoulder harnesses prevent you from going forward, and the anti-sub belt prevents everything from moving. So that logic actually makes sense to me, but I was just curious if anyone else -- particularly those with a racing background, have any input.

It definitely makes sense. The general rule for racecar builders around here is that shoulder straps should not be mounted below the shoulders. Belts should function as you stated, with the shoulder belts' job being to prevent forward movement and lap belts preventing you from sliding up/ out of the seat. If shoulder straps are mounted below the shoulders, the occupant's back is compressed in an impact. Thinking about it, with the way a suspension seat works, your back could even be fighting the seat with the belts tight and mounted below shoulder height. With how much necks and spines can stretch in a wreck, the 10 degrees they're recommending now might be to keep that from happening.

SirFuego
07-20-2012, 01:29 PM
The general rule for racecar builders around here is that shoulder straps should not be mounted below the shoulders.
Yeah, I meant between 0 and 10 degrees (give or take) -- I didn't want to imply that it couldn't be level. I just remember when first researching harnesses that they should be level, or slightly below the shoulders. But the more I thought about it, the less it made sense once I really broke down what each strap's intended purpose is. I just did a quick search and it looks like most manufacturers are still recommending level or slightly below, but the logic for erring on the side of being too high still makes more sense to me.

As for the comment on suspension seats, if you think about it, in a hard hit your body moves down and the harness essentially loosens up. That's the main criticism of suspension seats and why pretty much every other auto racing uses regular tub seats (actually, I think suspensions seats are not permitted by most sanctioning bodies). However, our requirements are different as many of the harshest hits are taken without the aid of the vehicle's suspension, so we need some additional suspension at the seat. Ultra4-type racing has blurred the lines between whether a suspension or tub seat is preferred, but for pure crawling there is almost no debate on whether suspension seats are the way to go. The only way to get the "best of both worlds" is to integrate the harness with the tub seat itself which that entire "seat chassis" mounted on some form of suspension -- sorta similar to truck or boat seats. I've a feeling that in the next 10-15 years, that will become more of a standard as the R&D (which is supposedly being worked on by some people) progresses to the point of practicality.

BigClay
07-28-2012, 07:40 PM
A little update on my Corbeau Ultra Wide seats. They are amazing, enough said. I can't believe I haven't gotten them before now. You really have no idea what a beating your body takes while wheeling in stock seats.

For anyone contemplating getting the wide version, I fit perfectly, and so does my 6'5" 280 pound passenger.

dyn0mitemat
07-28-2012, 11:31 PM
Well it turns out the jk ones I was looking at had a nice rip in the drivers seat, and if I'm going through the trouble of replacing the seats I want something nice and not already ripped so I'll probably hold off and just pick up a set of baja ss's when I get the extra cash

indy242003
07-29-2012, 07:31 PM
Well it turns out the jk ones I was looking at had a nice rip in the drivers seat, and if I'm going through the trouble of replacing the seats I want something nice and not already ripped so I'll probably hold off and just pick up a set of baja ss's when I get the extra cash

I would avoid JK seats! I have a set in my tow rig (F350), and I build them for a living (Engineering department for JK seating). Skip em'. I'm not saying they are built bad, they just are not very comfortable on long trips. To me (I don't spec this stuff Chrysler does), the cushion is way to stiff and the head rest too. Just my take from someone that ships about 1k of these a day.

indy242003
07-29-2012, 07:46 PM
A little update on my Corbeau Ultra Wide seats. They are amazing, enough said. I can't believe I haven't gotten them before now. You really have no idea what a beating your body takes while wheeling in stock seats.

For anyone contemplating getting the wide version, I fit perfectly, and so does my 6'5" 280 pound passenger.

Clay, can you post some pics of your Ultra's in the fat boy version mounted in your rig? I know I'm rolling a WJ, but if they fit well in a ZJ they should be no issue in a WJ. Thanks Clay. Now get on it my man!

BigClay
07-30-2012, 08:06 AM
Here are the only pics I have with them in. It is a tight fit, and the door arm rest rubs them a little, so the door will be trimmed shortly.

dyn0mitemat
08-20-2012, 07:23 PM
Those look nice clay.

I've made up my mind and after sitting in them again at the store I am picking up a pair of (fixed back) baja ss's later this week. The only information I can find for mounting them has been the posts in this thread and xj stuff from pirate. If anyone else has any info related to the mount's I'm all ears, but otherwise I guess I'll have something to do this weekend :D

dyn0mitemat
09-08-2012, 09:00 PM
I ended up with mastercraft rubicons. I couldn't find a combo of the baja ss's I liked. I didn't care for the grey/tan color they had, and the black I've seen too many fade to blue. I decided the sides would be too tall for a DD/WW, and i didn't want leather, so I had to look at other seats. Sat in the rubicons and fell in love, they're built extremely nice, and they feel alot better built than the baja ss's.

Here's a few pictures. I moved the switches on the front of the seats in a piece of aluminum I milled out, as the plastic on the side (where they sit on factory seats) mounts to the seat, not the frame. They're absolutely awesome and I'm not disappointed with them in the least. I'll toss a better review of how they feel up after I've been in them a few weeks and on the trail with them

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-1z1VDdWm3Y4/UEvltdcbl4I/AAAAAAAAByU/OFqzb1AKSOQ/s720/IMAG0298.jpg
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-K3sWYzjfg7Q/UEvltre__iI/AAAAAAAAByc/rntqEVSlo9E/s720/IMAG0301.jpg
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-ID22lEAnOgM/UEvlthDjkII/AAAAAAAAByk/TuzuaGwieC0/s720/IMAG0303.jpg
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-p8g3e3p-BBk/UEvlzRHU5VI/AAAAAAAABy0/AEupoIUYPFY/s720/IMAG0304.jpg
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-M3rap2f3yTU/UEvlyyH8l3I/AAAAAAAABys/L4mOoHeJIek/s720/IMAG0306.jpg

BigClay
05-06-2014, 01:27 PM
I was htinking about this thread and decided to post up for searching posterity. I sold the ZJ over a year ago, and just recently picked up a 98 TJ. The ZJ had the Corbeau Ultra wide version, and the TJ already had Corbeau Ultra regular version. Believe it or not I prefer the regular version and not the wide. The wide was a little too wide for me (yes I am still 6' 300#s) and the regular version keeps me in the seat much better with no extra sliding around. So take it for what it is worth.

ATL ZJ
05-06-2014, 10:26 PM
I was htinking about this thread and decided to post up for searching posterity. I sold the ZJ over a year ago, and just recently picked up a 98 TJ. The ZJ had the Corbeau Ultra wide version, and the TJ already had Corbeau Ultra regular version. Believe it or not I prefer the regular version and not the wide. The wide was a little too wide for me (yes I am still 6' 300#s) and the regular version keeps me in the seat much better with no extra sliding around. So take it for what it is worth.

You going to bring that TJ to GSSE? as you know we don't discriminate :mrgreen:

BigClay
05-09-2014, 09:57 AM
You going to bring that TJ to GSSE? as you know we don't discriminate :mrgreen:

GSSE is certainly an Equal Opportunity Wheeling Event haha. I can't make it this year, will be out of town already, the TJ also needs a few things before I hit the trails, but it is on TSLs already, old school bling!

WJJEEPIN
05-16-2014, 07:26 PM
Hey guys,

I had to replace the WJ seats due to the metal bracket on the driver side tore away from the bolt on the bracket. So I wanted something that worked in the dub but also wanted adjustable which the KOR didnt offer.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q51/btwnmak/82F77CA5-0BAA-460C-A781-FEB8B36219F6-793-0000006753A1E4AE_zps280c1916.jpg (http://s133.photobucket.com/user/btwnmak/media/82F77CA5-0BAA-460C-A781-FEB8B36219F6-793-0000006753A1E4AE_zps280c1916.jpg.html)

I went with Corbeau and really enjoy them. I used their standard brackets for the wj. The driver side bracket was in backorder so I got the passenger side in. They are a tad higher than stock as there is less give in the seat.
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q51/btwnmak/4B0E4C8F-5DEA-4434-9B95-558B6B51A630-793-00000067455EBE2C_zps9c5c79d3.jpg (http://s133.photobucket.com/user/btwnmak/media/4B0E4C8F-5DEA-4434-9B95-558B6B51A630-793-00000067455EBE2C_zps9c5c79d3.jpg.html)

When I got the driver side bracket and in it was pushed harder to the driver door than I wanted.
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q51/btwnmak/7B98B028-3570-4828-A889-37D62906DC8A-793-000000678AA58456_zps02d8302c.jpg (http://s133.photobucket.com/user/btwnmak/media/7B98B028-3570-4828-A889-37D62906DC8A-793-000000678AA58456_zps02d8302c.jpg.html)

I sent the bracket to Corbeau and had them tweek it to make it work better with the WJ. They are cherokee specific brackets that work on the grands so not perfect. If you have welding capabilities then your set.
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q51/btwnmak/GOPR1488_zps72acae5a.jpg (http://s133.photobucket.com/user/btwnmak/media/GOPR1488_zps72acae5a.jpg.html)

I enjoyed the wj seats and was sad to see them go. These are very comfy and I dont miss the oem seats as much as I originally thought. I am looking forward to getting a cage in the dub and adding a harness and 5 point belts.