PDA

View Full Version : GSSE 2011 Registration

zjeepin
06-02-2011, 04:32 PM
Alright guys (and maxx)

Registration for GSSE 2011 is officially open.

We are graduating to a more offical and streamlined approach this year and announcing the launch of the official website for GSSE at http://gsse.mallcrawlin.com. The site is in its beginning stages so we welcome your feedback and suggestions for its content.

You can follow the links on the site to register or go directly to http://gsse.mallcrawlin.com/register.html (http://gsse.mallcrawlin.com/register.html) Be sure not to close out your browser window after sending your paypal payment because you'll be redirected to enter all your information such as yours and passengers names, rig info ect. This will also allow us to link the payments with the registrant.:smt039

The registration fee is $15 this year which includes a catered BBQ dinner Saturday evening From Lou's Country Kitchen in Harlan, which was a big hit last year as well as community campsite for post trail-riding festivities (no beer CLAY:smt082).

I look forward to seeing you all again!

SirFuego
06-02-2011, 04:47 PM
Trey, I can't make it this year, but here is a map I put together last year with the key points of interest with some basic information I found out last year:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=205829246491139980625.00048bedbb8e5d6136752&ll=36.877286,-83.197532&spn=0.030656,0.052314&z=15&iwloc=00048bedcb9276ac4bd29

If you feel that this is worthwhile to add to the site, I can add you and the other planners as collaborators so you can edit the map with anything else. I'd just need your e-mails.

I know Evarts is basically impossible to get lost in, but I learned some things last year (such as to not drive past the church if you miss the driveway to the cabins) that is captured in the map to save people the hassle of turning around their trailer in tight places.

zjeepin
06-02-2011, 04:57 PM
Thanks Jared, I'll PM you my email address

BigClay
06-02-2011, 08:51 PM
LOVE the site!

Registered

Oh and Trey :finga:

ATL ZJ
06-06-2011, 02:04 PM
confirmed... congrats Clay, you're the first registrant

BigClay
06-06-2011, 03:12 PM
:supz:

SCJeeper
06-22-2011, 07:07 AM
Well im going to hold off my registration for this year to see if the motor swap gets finished or not... right now im bustin my ass on it, but the wiring is going to be a bitch...so im hoping ill be ready, but who knows.....

BigClay
06-22-2011, 08:51 AM
Well crap...

So anyone on 35s going to be there for sure? I don't know if I can hang with the big boys haha

zjeepin
06-22-2011, 01:34 PM
Well im going to hold off my registration for this year to see if the motor swap gets finished or not... right now im bustin my ass on it, but the wiring is going to be a bitch...so im hoping ill be ready, but who knows.....

as long as you don't let will help you wire it you'll be aight...hahaha

Well crap...

So anyone on 35s going to be there for sure? I don't know if I can hang with the big boys haha

don't sweat it clay.. look at it as an opportunity to test out that shiny new cage

SCJeeper
06-23-2011, 07:01 AM
Well crap...

If i do make it, i wont be on 35's....moved to 39.5's..... :supz:

BigClay
06-23-2011, 08:43 AM
don't sweat it clay.. look at it as an opportunity to test out that shiny new cage

Greeeeeaaaaaaatttttt :D

If i do make it, i wont be on 35's....moved to 39.5's..... :supz:

Well damn

zjeepin
06-23-2011, 11:06 AM
Clay as far as I know the ACC guys will be there and they are all on 35's-38's...

We haven't heard from our clemson guys.. Ronnie are you guys coming up this year?

BigClay
06-27-2011, 11:34 AM
Well good, maybe now I won't have to test the new cage :D

Anyone staying at the Cabins this year?

rstrucks
06-27-2011, 12:52 PM
Anyone staying at the Cabins this year?

I probably will. I need to get off my ass and get this figured out. My guess is that my brother and I will be splitting a cabin and riding in my TJ. He might be able to get his MJ down but I doubt it. I need to talk to him and get a cabin reserved.

BigClay
06-27-2011, 12:59 PM
I probably will. I need to get off my ass and get this figured out. My guess is that my brother and I will be splitting a cabin and riding in my TJ. He might be able to get his MJ down but I doubt it. I need to talk to him and get a cabin reserved.

Awesome, already have mine reserved. Your wife going to make the trip with you this year?

rstrucks
06-27-2011, 01:05 PM
Probably not.

biggoofy
06-27-2011, 01:41 PM
Hey Clay if my Zj isn't done I might be trying to ride along with someone Hint Hint! or if anyone else have a empty front seat they wanna offer up my biggest thing right now is funding for the build its getting close but it still has a long way to go. Is anyone in eastern / central nc going that has room on their trailer?

edit: would it even be worth bringing my rig on 33s?

BigClay
06-27-2011, 02:03 PM
I don't think your tall *ss will fit in the back seat of my jeep, especially since the doors don't open all the way now haha. But there are usually open seats around, I already have a rider, or I would offer up mine.

As for a rig on 33s... Any rig can drive the roads and watch, and I bet there a couple trails you could do. Are you locked f or r?

SirFuego
06-27-2011, 02:13 PM
I probably will. I need to get off my ass and get this figured out. My guess is that my brother and I will be splitting a cabin and riding in my TJ.
Be sure to tell the locals at the Clubhouse I said Hi. If it weren't for your brother, I'd probably still be in there trying to figure out a way to nicely get out of the conversation with that one local with the slicked back hair and a very thick accent that took every bit of my SOBER brain to figure out what he was saying...

biggoofy
06-27-2011, 02:30 PM
I can throw in the d44 locker I just bought for my front hp44 build in the 44a I have in the back and atleast be locked in the rear.

BigClay
06-27-2011, 02:52 PM
I can throw in the d44 locker I just bought for my front hp44 build in the 44a I have in the back and atleast be locked in the rear.

iron 44 lockers are not compatable with 44a axles, and vise versa.

If you are open/open, I don't think harlan would be very much fun unless you like pulling cable all day.

biggoofy
06-27-2011, 03:02 PM
Well then I guess Im out as far as bringing my rig I dont have the funds up to finish mine in time the axle build is pricey and put a hurting on my wallet. I will for sure be making it next year though and hopefully on some 37s so if anyone has an open seat to offer up I would like to tag along.

BigClay
06-27-2011, 03:56 PM
Well damn... sell more parts!! :D

biggoofy
06-27-2011, 06:06 PM
I wouldn't even have the time to install the claytons at this point. Ill make it next year I was really looking forward to this but I just don't have the funds!

ATL ZJ
06-28-2011, 09:44 AM
biggoofy: find a way to get there and we will find you a seat.

biggoofy
06-28-2011, 09:53 AM
Ill see what I can do Ill put in for the time off work in a day or so. Clay got a free seat on the ride out?

BigClay
06-28-2011, 10:11 AM
You are welcome to follow me there, but the truck is going to be full with me and Zac (my rider). We plan to leave mid morning on Thursday.

rstrucks
06-29-2011, 10:17 AM
Registration - check!
Cabin reserved - check!

My brother (Stu) and I will be wheeling on Sat. and Sun am. I don't think I have enough time off to take Friday. We'll see, maybe I'll be "sick" that day. ;)

BigClay
06-29-2011, 10:43 AM
I vote for being "sick" that day!

I guess we really should post up when we plan to be able to wheel. I plan to wheel maybe Thursday evening, Friday and Saturday. I plan on packing up SUnday morning and heading back.

zjeepin
06-29-2011, 11:31 AM
So far I'm planning to head up thursday evening, and leave sunday afternoon. if anyone wants to wheel some thursday night i'm in

ATL ZJ
06-29-2011, 02:41 PM
Looks like I will be there friday night (sat morning around 1am). With the new job I can't take off a day in my first two weeks. But I'm happy to be employed and glad to be able to wheel at least part of the time. Save some energy and some parts til I get there!

rstrucks
06-29-2011, 02:46 PM
Congrats on the new gig.

I am going to try to sneak out early and be there for some wheeling on Friday afternoon/evening.

BigClay
06-29-2011, 02:54 PM
Looks like I will be there friday night (sat morning around 1am). With the new job I can't take off a day in my first two weeks. But I'm happy to be employed and glad to be able to wheel at least part of the time. Save some energy and some parts til I get there!

Congrats on the new job also!

Congrats on the new gig.

I am going to try to sneak out early and be there for some wheeling on Friday afternoon/evening.

Thats what I like to hear :)

Are we going to post up an official attendee listing?

ATL ZJ
06-29-2011, 03:07 PM
Right now we have 7 registered. how about we post up the list every friday?

Somebody get on seanzy and travis, cobbie, etc to register if they can find their way to a computer

Ryan and Clay- Thanks guys

Pearce
06-29-2011, 04:04 PM
I'm looking at getting there late Thurs or late Friday morning. Kinda depends on work.

BigClay
06-29-2011, 04:59 PM
Just texted Travis, and he said he is going.

MUDDTRACKS
06-29-2011, 10:39 PM
Trying to get my zj up for this it has not moved since 2 weeks after gsse10. God help me this it's going to be tuff.

UTChavok
07-03-2011, 11:34 AM
Working on mine as well. Really trying to find a trailer or someone with a double heading up. Would like to avoid the 4 hour plus drive there and back in the zj. I just posted the registration site on OffroadSC.com and hopefully get some people attending from there. Ill be registering this Friday and my roommate should be to. Ive got a class Thursday night so we wont be able to leave until late Thursday night or pull out early Friday morning. Shooting for Thursday night.

biggoofy
07-03-2011, 07:24 PM
Looks like I might be in!!

Ill be coming up with seans crew!!

Seans zj is fucking huge!!!

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5311/5901345092_ef251201c5_z.jpg

zj95maxx
07-03-2011, 10:02 PM
nice addition to the first line there trey.... When exactly is this?

HMMMMMMMMM

zjeepin
07-04-2011, 08:28 AM
nice addition to the first line there trey.... When exactly is this?

HMMMMMMMMM

ha, only took you a month to notice..

Dates are July 29- 31.. are you gonna make it maks?

StinkoMan20X6_
07-05-2011, 06:32 PM
I like how Barry is superman posing in the picture. Were you able to get up with him before everybody headed out, goofy? Guess we'll have to get one of the ZJ's over to Barry's house to test trailer fitment this week.

biggoofy
07-05-2011, 06:42 PM
No I haven't heard from him yet man. Just text me his number or something. It was nice meeting yall.

biggoofy
07-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Just put in for the time off work.

S-10 Seanzy
07-07-2011, 12:08 AM
Right now we have 7 registered. how about we post up the list every friday?

Somebody get on seanzy and travis, cobbie, etc to register if they can find their way to a computer

Ryan and Clay- Thanks guys

I'm in the same boat as you Camo. I can't take off with the new job either. I will be working Sat till around 3:00, so that would put me in Evarts around 5:00. I'm debating on whether it's worth it to bust ass and get it done for less than a day of wheelin'. The rig is still sitting in the driveway under a tarp and the 14 bolt still looks like a boomerang. The house situation is in its final stages and I can't work on it till I get moved. They told me I could use the shop at work whenever I want, but I don't want to take advantage having not been there too long. It will have to be torn down for at least a week and I don't want to clutter up the shop...my name isn't Will:flipoff2:. So, that's where I'm at right now. I will definitely be coming up and hanging out, assuming someone has an extra seat. Who knows though...I might just kick it old school and knock it all out in the driveway. I just know I'd better make up my mind soon.

Pearce
07-07-2011, 09:50 AM
Assuming I have no major problems finishing up the engine swap, I should have an extra seat the whole weekend if someone needs it.

StinkoMan20X6_
07-09-2011, 08:01 PM
They should understand taking time off to go wheeling since they're a fab shop. I'm looking foreward to seeing your yota with the cage on it now. I haven't seen it since you put the coilovers on either.

S-10 Seanzy
07-10-2011, 11:10 PM
They should understand taking time off to go wheeling since they're a fab shop. I'm looking foreward to seeing your yota with the cage on it now. I haven't seen it since you put the coilovers on either.

They probably would, but I'm not gonna press my luck this early on. That just doesn't look good in my book. The good news is...I'm back working on it. I knocked out the new truss this weekend. I've just gotta get her burned in and throw some tabs/bump pads on there. There's plenty of other shit on the agenda, but that's the biggest hurdle. Your black asses had better save some of the party for me on Sat night. I'm not gonna bust my ass getting up there for nothing.:flipoff2:

Simo
07-11-2011, 10:46 AM
I'm back working on it. I knocked out the new truss this weekend. I've just gotta get her burned in.

im sure youll be very careful slow burnin this one in!

zjeepin
07-12-2011, 09:43 AM
Alright guys (and maxx) the time is upon us..

clay whats our countdown lookin like? 18 days.. 432 hours?

We need to get everyone registered as soon as you can because we have to turn in our head count for catering a week ahead of time so the deadline for registration is 7/22.. That gives you 10 days to get registered..

The biggest deal with registering is to guarantee you've got bbq on saturday night, we may be able to get a few more helpings on shorter notice but no guarantee there. We've got the community campsite reserved as well.

I know i've been getting alot of rain in my area the last few weeks so there's potential for another throttlefest this year but theres plenty of time for conditions to change:popcorn:

S-10 Seanzy
07-12-2011, 11:41 PM
Alright guys (and maxx) the time is upon us..

clay whats our countdown lookin like? 18 days.. 432 hours?

We need to get everyone registered as soon as you can because we have to turn in our head count for catering a week ahead of time so the deadline for registration is 7/22.. That gives you 10 days to get registered..

The biggest deal with registering is to guarantee you've got bbq on saturday night, we may be able to get a few more helpings on shorter notice but no guarantee there. We've got the community campsite reserved as well.

I know i've been getting alot of rain in my area the last few weeks so there's potential for another throttlefest this year but theres plenty of time for conditions to change:popcorn:

Don't worry about bbq for me dude. I can just grab some Dairy Slut if I'm feelin' froggy. I will be tentatively scheduled for arriving Sat evening, but I can't really say when. I should have a better idea as we get closer to d-day. We're gonna try to get the torchmate going this week, so that should really speed up the fab process for me. I would be interested in registering for a nice bridge whore...preferably one that has seen her fair share of meth. Nobody likes a toothy blowjab!

BigClay
07-13-2011, 11:20 AM
Don't worry about bbq for me dude. I can just grab some Dairy Slut if I'm feelin' froggy. I will be tentatively scheduled for arriving Sat evening, but I can't really say when. I should have a better idea as we get closer to d-day. We're gonna try to get the torchmate going this week, so that should really speed up the fab process for me. I would be interested in registering for a nice bridge whore...preferably one that has seen her fair share of meth. Nobody likes a toothy blowjab!

:smt082

zjeepin
07-13-2011, 11:33 AM

gotta admit torchmate does make me a little jelous..

we'll see what we can arrange for ya in the bridge whore dept.. i heard kirby might make it this year he's the skilled one at callin them in without spookin em off..

rstrucks
07-14-2011, 10:52 PM
Anybody coming to GSSE have a 37/xx/17 tire they want to get rid of? I need a spare.

BigClay
07-15-2011, 04:51 PM
Wow just got word my shocks will not be to my house until the 25th or 26th... cutting it REAL close.

Side note, any harm in driving slow around the neighborhood on just the springs? I want to break-in the tires before Harlan.

Pearce
07-15-2011, 05:09 PM
Wow just got word my shocks will not be to my house until the 25th or 26th... cutting it REAL close.

Side note, any harm in driving slow around the neighborhood on just the springs? I want to break-in the tires before Harlan.

Yes! Dont do it. I made that mistake when a pair of rear shocks didn't fit right before a wheeling trip. But I was in a parking lot and went over a speed bump slowly, the back end felt like it was going to shoot a spring out it was so out of control. If they were leaf springs it would be fine but with coils, you could easily lose control bouncing all over. Like you said you could go very very slow, but I just don't want to see you have an accident or have to stop quick or something. I suppose limit straps would help prevent that if you really want to give it a try.

ATL ZJ
07-15-2011, 08:30 PM
Clay just cinch every corner down a few inches with a 10k lb ratchet strap and rock out

BigClay
07-15-2011, 08:48 PM
I have limit straps, and those along with the coil retainers at all four points will keep the springs in, but I am uncertain about the bouncing all over and loosing control. I may just try it to say "hey don't be a dumb ass like me" :D

UTChavok
07-16-2011, 11:22 AM
Sorry weve been slacking on registration. Me my girlfriend and roommate are gonna be registering Monday I believe seeing as how my debit card is dead and the banks are closed. I think also we found someone to pull a double trailer so me and Casey (greyjeep93) hopefully both have a spot being towed up there so count 2 more rigs on 35s in.

ATL ZJ
07-16-2011, 06:48 PM
I have limit straps, and those along with the coil retainers at all four points will keep the springs in, but I am uncertain about the bouncing all over and loosing control. I may just try it to say "hey don't be a dumb ass like me" :D

Yeah that's why I said cinch it down and compress the coils to limit the bounce. The preload from the tension on the straps would eliminate most of the sway. But it's probably a lot of work and a crazy experiment just to knock some expensive tread off a nice new set of tires.

Ronnie- glad to hear yall will be joining us again this year.

BigClay
07-16-2011, 08:58 PM
Yeah, I may just knock the tits off the tires in Harlan haha. Glad to hear some other rigs on 35s will be there, can't wait!!

mtubenzie
07-17-2011, 11:49 PM

we'll see what we can arrange for ya in the bridge whore dept.. i heard kirby might make it this year he's the skilled one at callin them in without spookin em off..

Seanzy does like the bridge whores! hahah. I'll be there again this year. Actually made it there last year but rode around with a different group. Rig may/may not make it there, but ill bring the ATV if not.

UTChavok
07-18-2011, 10:55 AM

Haah that was hilarious. I dont remember the name of the guy that stood up on the ledge and gave the bridge girls a show and told them to come find Kirby, but that was one of the funniest things ive seen.

S-10 Seanzy
07-20-2011, 04:22 PM
Seanzy does like the bridge whores!

This is true! Did your column and tube adapters make it there honky?

zjeepin
07-20-2011, 04:38 PM

Hows the de-bannana-ing project goin?

mtubenzie
07-24-2011, 09:37 PM

Yaaahh buddy. She's sittin on her own weight. Got the hydro lines made up today. Should be ready by to roll next weekend!

S-10 Seanzy
07-24-2011, 11:34 PM
Yaaahh buddy. She's sittin on her own weight. Got the hydro lines made up today. Should be ready by to roll next weekend!
Word...can't wait to see it.

Hows the de-bannana-ing project goin?
It's moving along...the rear axle is about 90% done. I need to redo my limit strap mounts and burn in my link tabs...also need to run brake lines and setup the gears. I've still got a laundry list of other little bullshit that needs to be done on the rig. It's gonna be a busy week.

Simo
07-25-2011, 01:16 PM
just registered. will be driving 9hrs down either thurs night or fri morning - to arrive likely fri lunch or dinner time as long as everything gets together and doesnt fall apart on the way. Campin fri and sat night at the evarts campground. Lookin forward to it, Cyall there!