PDA

View Full Version : Trans Cooler and Gauges ?'s

ZJninerWJ
11-30-2010, 05:22 PM
What trans cooler do you guys have experience with and recommend I install?

I have also decided to run a trans temp gauge. My question is which do you recommend to match a ZJ interior (With red back lighting) and Mechanical or Electrical? Also, these will need to be 52mm or 2 1/16" Gauges as they are going in a Lotek pillar pod. Which brings me to my next question, what other gauge should I run?

AgitatedPancake
11-30-2010, 05:39 PM
Go out to a junkyard and find a nice fin type (preferred over tube type) trans cooler off a truck out there. I was actually able to find an aftermarket for my old auto in the local Pick N Pull.

Trans temp gauge is great, keeps you aware.

ZJninerWJ
11-30-2010, 05:49 PM
I was thinking of using an OEM aux cooler for the PS next summer and a B&M or the like for the Tranny very soon. It's getting cold here and I don't feel like hitting the boneyard haha.

AgitatedPancake
11-30-2010, 06:01 PM
I wouldn't eliminate a power steering cooler just to turn it into a tranny cooler if thats what you mean (can't tell). B&M's seem to be great, but have the price tag to go with it. There might be some cheaper manufacturers out there putting decent products like there are in the radiator world, I don't know!

downtowncb
11-30-2010, 06:11 PM
I used the largest cooler Napa sells and repurposed the old tranny cooler as a PS cooler.

I used this gauge:
http://autometer.com/cat_gaugedetail.aspx?gid=2799&sid=15

It matches pretty well with the stock gauges.

ZJninerWJ
11-30-2010, 06:27 PM
I meant use an OEM AUX cooler as a newly created PS cooler. my mistake.

dp96zj
11-30-2010, 06:28 PM
I used the one that can be found via searching.