PDA

View Full Version : Harlan 2010 Annual Report- worth the read

ATL ZJ
09-21-2010, 04:47 PM
Harlan put together this annual report on the improvements they have made to the park in 2009 and 2010.

Included is mention of the TRUCKS! and other network TV coverage, new trails, future plans for campgrounds, showers, etc., and some brand new maps. It makes my head spin how quickly the park and facilities are expanding and it is awesome to see exactly where the $35 for a year permit goes.

Who knew they built a hiking trail to a waterfall?

http://www.harlancountytrails.com/docs/HCORBA%202010%20Annual%20Report.pdf

SirFuego
09-21-2010, 05:12 PM
Interesting to see that Liability insurance only cost them $1248.

It was admittedly a bit disconcerting that they are overspent by about $19,300, though. I hope this was just a result of infrastructure enhancement that will pay for itself over the next couple years, though. I'd hate for them to keep overspending every year -- possibly putting the whole thing in jeopardy as the debt keeps piling up.

ATL ZJ
09-21-2010, 05:19 PM
Interesting to see that Liability insurance only cost them $1248.

It was admittedly a bit disconcerting that they are overspent by about $19,300, though. I hope this was just a result of infrastructure enhancement that will pay for itself over the next couple years, though. I'd hate for them to keep overspending every year -- possibly putting the whole thing in jeopardy as the debt keeps piling up.

at least they have it... I bet the majority of other parks would give you a blank stare if you asked them how much they spent on liability insurance.

I'm sure they will get their financials under control... if not from grants, I'm sure they could bump the fees up $5 a year and hear very few complaints

SirFuego
09-21-2010, 05:29 PM
I had a post about the payroll, but I missed a big chunk of the payroll numbers so that they make more sense now.

I was actually shocked at how LITTLE they are paying for liability insurance. I was expecting a number much much higher than that. Then again KY isn't exactly a nanny state either.

Yeah I don't think a $19k deficit is anything to be concerned about right now, given how young they are and how much needed to be put into for enhancement, but I just hope it doesn't become consistent.