PDA

View Full Version : Thanks GSSE Planners!

SirFuego
08-01-2010, 10:19 PM
Thanks a bunch to Trey, Cam, Ryan and whoever else was involved in the planning of this years GSSE! I had a blast and definitely plan to come to future GSSEs!

MUDDTRACKS
08-02-2010, 12:19 AM
x2 thanks guys look forward to next years event. And thanks to the guys that had spare seats for my brothers to ride along.

BigClay
08-02-2010, 09:38 AM
x3 I had a blast!

rstrucks
08-02-2010, 09:44 AM
I hope everyone had as much fun as I did. Glad you guys had a good time and I hope nobody has too much work to do because of the trip. :)

zjeepin
08-02-2010, 11:17 AM
Thanks to everyone for coming and making this another great GSSE! Like every gsse, I can't wait for next year..

SirFuego
08-02-2010, 11:28 AM
And thanks to the guys that had spare seats for my brothers to ride along.

They were great to have as passengers. Definitely cool guys to wheel with and very helpful on the trails. Any chance they will send you the video they were taking? I saw them get some video on White Tail before the battery died.

MUDDTRACKS
08-02-2010, 02:55 PM
They were great to have as passengers. Definitely cool guys to wheel with and very helpful on the trails. Any chance they will send you the video they were taking? I saw them get some video on White Tail before the battery died.

I should get it some time soon. I will pst as soon as i get it.

They had a blast and i know they plan to come next year.

indy242003
08-02-2010, 04:58 PM
Sorry guys. I had a screwed up weekend. Broke a ton of stuff that required a lot of running around to get parts. It seemed like I had everything that did'nt break. I just got caught up with work and ended up overlooking some rookie shit and I payed for it. Just gonna have to give a little more attention to detail. Oh yeah, by the way don't ride Papy's Pass unless you are in a Willy's. It is not hard by any means other than the fact it is super tight with a mountain on one side and a whole lot of not anything on the other. The rain made the hair pins switchbacks super slick. Not a fun trail to find out you busted a steering joint on the last trail. If you go off there, no one will find you in the next 20 years.

All in all I:

1.) Ejected 2 rear springs cause I forgot to put the retainers back in. (thanks Jarod for the strap)

2.) Blew out a U-joint on the short side that took the inner and outer shafts with it.

3.) Blew a hydro- assist line strait to hell.

4.) Broke hiem joint in steering.

5.) Shredded a rear driveshaft u-joint

6.) Broke 2 u joints in the tow rig.

7.) Blew a trailer tire on the gooseneck.

8.) Fought a P0234 (turbo overboost) code that kept throwing the tow rig into limp mode on the tow rig.

Like i told Cam, " I guess I'm paying my dues for not having any issues for about 4 rides in a row". The last 2 have made up for it. Just sucks to drive that far and ride 6 trails all weekend. Thanks to all that set this up, and I'll rip it all back apart and get it right for the next ride.

slim616
08-02-2010, 09:16 PM
I have to say this year was night and day compared to last year. Me and mandy had a great time. Thanks again to all those people who helped me keep the rig moving after my break away parts broke away.

SirFuego
08-02-2010, 09:30 PM
1.) Ejected 2 rear springs cause I forgot to put the retainers back in. (thanks Jarod for the strap)

No problem. I bought the longer ratchet straps for that exact reason. I knew I would be able to rig something up as a limit strap if mine or anyone else's limit straps broke.

I have 5 more of those straps that are wayyy too long for anything that I needed, so I have plenty more of limit straps I can rig up on the trail :-)

Sorry that the weekend didn't work out as planned, but I've definitely had similar trips (my most recent trip to Rausch comes to mind) where I swear I spent most of the time fixing broken stuff.