PDA

View Full Version : How many people know/enjoy Callalante TN

WJmuse
07-28-2010, 11:13 PM
Sorry for the background info. Its because this is my first online post. I love my Grand Cherokees. My first vehicle was a orvis and now use my WJ as my main 4x4 rig and DD.
Last month I found out my famliy owns the mountain Callalantee in mtn city TN. My family never tried to make a lot of money from Callalantee nor invested much. So I quess my question is... Is callalantee a place people could enjoy? And if I invested myself in this place would it be worth it? Sorry this is new to me but I know my pasion for my WJ.

Hockinaloogie
07-28-2010, 11:15 PM
Never heard of it

WJmuse
07-28-2010, 11:18 PM
It is mainly known to people who ATV.

ATL ZJ
07-28-2010, 11:35 PM
Yes! I have been there once and loved it. It is a lot of fun as is, and has a ton of potential especially if they cut new trails.

I would be very interested in helping in any way I can even though it's a haul for me coming from Atlanta. and a bunch of our buddies who are more local to the area would be willing to pitch in and give their input too... just let me know what you need.

Cam

zjeepin
07-29-2010, 08:14 AM
i lived in boone for 10 years and we went to callalante about every weekend... we love going to wheel there, you can break your junk there just as well as any where else.. plus the fact that its rarely crowded is a major plus..

we usually go there on labor day weekend so we'll try to post up if we're going and you should come ride or just hang out either way..

like cam said, if there is any way we can pitch in to improve the place or just maintain we'll be more than happy to.

trey

WJmuse
07-29-2010, 04:05 PM
Thank you for your response Trey and I'm glad to hear from Cam. Without getting into to much detail, I would perfer to pm once I learn how lol, but I fear for the future of Callalantee. I'm always hearing about trails closing and would do about anything to protect or improve Callalantee.
I'm planing on creating a web page for it tonight. My next step is to get an updated trail map once I find a person who has the gps plots.

Around july 4th I spent some time at callalantee talking with some great people who aloud me to crash their camping trip. One guy was from east coast Aussie. They informed me about my mtn, with some great contructive criticism from their overall experience of Callalantee.

I would like more ideas or criticism on how we can improve this place for everyone. We charge 15 dollars vehicle and 15 bucks to camp. I have no plans in increasing any preset fee.

Some ideas I recieved; Ice Machine, precut firewood, better mantenance, marked trails, and inforced courtesy rules after 11pm.

Im up to wheel anytime! Thanks guys I'm sure I will need your hands almost as much as your BRAINS.

zjeepin
08-02-2010, 11:51 AM
you can PM anyone here by clicking on the user name above their avatar and select "sent _________ a PM"..

<------ right there.

better trail markings would definately improve the callalante experience. If you aren't there with someone that has been there at least 10 times your chances of finding the trail you want to ride are pretty slim.. heck finding your way out of the parking lot is interesting for beginners...

looking forward to working with you to keep callalante alive and improving! Like I said before i'll help anyway possible and we'll let you know when we are heading that way to wheel, it will likely be labor day weekend..

WJmuse
08-03-2010, 06:34 PM
Let me know when you can get a group together. If we can plan an event i can most likely get free food and group discounts, etc.

zjeepin
09-01-2010, 11:11 AM
Hayden, we are planning a trip up to callalantee this weekend with at least 8 or 10 rigs. We'd love to meet you and hang out a while. I sent you a PM with my contact info. I also sent you a text a few days ago.