PDA

View Full Version : GSSE-10 Groups

zjeepin
07-26-2010, 11:14 AM
So here are our registered and expected participants and tire sizes this year..

David (SCjeeper)- 35
Brian (@ ACC Toyota) 35
Jared (SirFuego) 35
Clay (BigClay)- 35
ronnie (UTchavok) - Large - 33
scott - 35 (may be bringing other rigs? bought 5 tshirts/plates)

Seanzy - 39
Trey - 42
Cam (ATL ZJ) 40
Simo- 39
Jim (Indy242003)- 39
Will (zukinut) - 38
Cobbie -42

Michael (71-Cruiser)- 38
Ryan (rstrucks)- 37
Pearce -40
Muddtracks - 37
Joe (slim) - 38
John Wayne (Duke) - 39?

These are merely my suggestions to promote thought..

Im sure more people will show up than have registered so i'm sure groups will grow a little but it will be important to keep group sizes small so everyone gets ample time to wheel.

I'll be holding a sign in at the campground behind dairy hut starting around 8:30 thursday evening. Im hoping everyone will gather at the campground as they arrive for introductions and much beer drinking.

Once the majority of everyone has arrived we'll start nailing down some groups and at least a tentative trail plan so everyone doesn't head straight for the same trail.. There will be a drivers meeting before leaving for the trail head on Friday morning, approximately 8:45am. We'll finalize groups and trail plans at this time.

Any suggestions to help this process will be greatly appreciated.

I hope everyone is as stoked as I am!

BigClay
07-26-2010, 11:20 AM
Who in the 35" group has been there before, and can be the trail leader?

zjeepin
07-26-2010, 11:24 AM
Clay,

Im anticipating several more in the 35" range to show up, several of which have been there before and would be comfortable leading the group.

No one will be sent out to get lost..

rstrucks
Looking good. Thanks for trying to keep things organized Trey. That should keep things moving and prevent traffic jams with one giant group and each person following the guy in front of them.

ATL ZJ
Personally I think groups of 6+ will be too big for conditions. What about making 4+ groups? And post up if you want to keep your glass/body intact, that may affect groups as much as tire size...

and Duke and Jim may want to run together since they are friends.

rstrucks
07-26-2010, 11:28 AM
And post up if you want to keep your glass/body intact, that may affect groups as much as tire size...

Ummm, me. :o

Having said that, I'm not afraid to risk it, but if it's a sure thing I'll pass.

I think anything in the 4-6 rig count is ok as long as they are evenly matched and well prepared.

zjeepin
07-26-2010, 11:29 AM
Personally I think groups of 6+ will be too big for conditions. What about making 4+ groups? And post up if you want to keep your glass/body intact, that may affect groups as much as tire size...

i think we are going to run into alot of people that want to ride together and its going to be hard to have micro groups..

ATL ZJ
07-26-2010, 11:31 AM
i think we are going to run into alot of people that want to ride together and its going to be hard to have micro groups..

that is always the problem. i'll volunteer to split off if it helps the situation any, as long as we can mix it up at night or the following days...

SirFuego
07-26-2010, 11:58 AM
I'm down for anything.

I do sorta wanna give Lion's Den and/or Can Opener a shot though if I can and they are doable on 35s.

BigClay
07-26-2010, 12:00 PM
And post up if you want to keep your glass/body intact, that may affect groups as much as tire size...

Yep, I am in the full body group that wants to keep the glass intact. I know :tease:

zjeepin
07-26-2010, 02:11 PM
I'm down for anything.

I do sorta wanna give Lion's Den and/or Can Opener a shot though if I can and they are doable on 35s.

can opener is doable on 35's, you just have to be well armored and/or ok with body damage.. you can watch someone else run it and decide for yourself.. can opener is one of my favorite obsticles

SirFuego
07-26-2010, 03:05 PM
can opener is doable on 35's, you just have to be well armored and/or ok with body damage.. you can watch someone else run it and decide for yourself.. can opener is one of my favorite obsticles
Cool! I've seen the videos and I quickly became aware of why it was named as such. I don't know why, but dragging roll cage across big rocks is always entertaining to me.

zjeepin
07-26-2010, 03:07 PM
Cool! I've seen the videos and I quickly became aware of why it was named as such. I don't know why, but dragging roll cage across big rocks is always entertaining to me.

yep, it makes me smile too..

a couple of bars on my cage are placed just for that obsticle..

ATL ZJ
07-26-2010, 03:09 PM

It's definitely a tube dragger. In June I bent my B pillar just lightly humping on can opener.

come on clay I am leaving these wide open for you :smt037

SirFuego
07-26-2010, 03:14 PM
a couple of bars on my cage are placed just for that obsticle..
Not for that obstacle in particular, but beign able to drag the cage across rocks and not get hung up on trees was a primary reason I wanted my cage have continuous A-to-C pillars instead of a B hoop.

BigClay
07-26-2010, 03:29 PM
come on clay I am leaving these wide open for you :smt037

Oh i Know, just trying to reign in my childish mind haha

scott
07-26-2010, 06:26 PM
So here are our registered and expected participants and tire sizes this year..

David (SCjeeper)- 35
Brian (@ ACC Toyota) 35
Jared (SirFuego) 35
Clay (BigClay)- 35
ronnie (UTchavok) - Large - 33
scott - 35 (may be bringing other rigs? bought 5 tshirts/plates)

Seanzy - 39
Trey - 42
Cam (ATL ZJ) 40
Simo- 39
Jim (Indy242003)- 39
Will (zukinut) - 38
Cobbie -42

Michael (71-Cruiser)- 38
Ryan (rstrucks)- 37
Pearce -40
Muddtracks - 37
Joe (slim) - 38
John Wayne (Duke) - 39?

!

yea i plan on bringing 2 more rigs with me( cherokee on 33's and cherokee on 35's) both locked

and hopefully my grand, if i get it done it time :)

MUDDTRACKS
07-26-2010, 09:17 PM
I belong in the crushed to shit group:poke:

UTChavok
07-27-2010, 07:50 AM

Im... Large? haha theres two other TJs coming up with me on 35s. Id like to keep my glass/body mostly there aswell.

indy242003
07-27-2010, 12:25 PM
My rig is on 39.5 Iroks (pretty worn), but it still full bodied and full glassed with no cage. I don't mind a few dents and scrapes, but busting out the quarter glass is not an option for me.

rstrucks
07-27-2010, 01:00 PM
Alright, here are the latest proposed run groups. They are not absolute and things can/will change. We are just trying to make sure things run smoothly and that people are matched up well with similar rigs. Speak up if you have any suggestions. We are trying really hard to make sure the groups stay small to make sure everyone has plenty of trail time and so that we all don't head to the same trail at the same time.

Group 1
clemson crew (may be 3-5 rigs? At least 2 TJ's on 35's) + scott's group (scott's group is staying in putney and arriving on friday so we may not see them friday AM)
including: ronnie (UTchavok) - 33
scott - 35 (may be bringing other rigs? 2 XJ's on 33's and 35's))

Group 2
David (SCjeeper)- 35
Brian (@ ACC Toyota) 35
Jared (SirFuego) 35
Clay (BigClay)- 35
Will (zukinut) - 38 or 33

Group 3
Seanzy - 39
Trey - 42
Cam - 40
Simo- 39
Cobbie -42

Group 4
Michael (71-Cruiser)- 38
Ryan (rstrucks)- 37
Muddtracks - 37
Joe (slim) - 38
Pearce -40

Group 5 (or can be placed in other groups, options are there)
Jon
Tim
Jim (Indy242003)- 39
John Wayne (Duke) - 39?

SirFuego
07-27-2010, 01:23 PM
That looks like a good grouping of rigs. Were David, Brian, and Will at GSSE-W?

If so, I'm going to apologize in advance if I don't recognize them. I met so many new people that weekend that aren't MC regulars that it was tough keeping everything straight.

I assume at least one of them is familiar with Harlan?

ATL ZJ
07-27-2010, 01:40 PM
That looks like a good grouping of rigs. Were David, Brian, and Will at GSSE-W?

If so, I'm going to apologize in advance if I don't recognize them. I met so many new people that weekend that aren't MC regulars that it was tough keeping everything straight.

I assume at least one of them is familiar with Harlan?

Brian and Will were at windrock. Brian had the fullbodied FJ80 with elockers and Will was a passenger because his rig was down at the time. Will has been up there many times and is very familiar with the layout of Harlan.