PDA

View Full Version : Ram Airbag Light?

SirFuego
06-24-2010, 09:53 AM
07 Ram 1500

The airbag light has been coming on in the Dodge. It only seems to come on after the truck has been in the rain for a while. If this trend keeps up, I'm guessing water is collecting somewhere that causes airbag issues?

I know this is a longshot, but has anyone seen a similar problem with that generation of Rams? Anyone know where the air bag sensors are located so I can check to see if there is any loose wiring or obvious signs of the potential for water collection?

I couldn't find any recalls, either.

rstrucks
06-24-2010, 12:36 PM
Is the A/C turning off when the light comes on? I did a quick search on one of the diesel forums and some of the posts point to the TIPM (totally integrated Power Module), that seemed to be a somewhat common problem. The next time it happens see if there is anything else not working. Cruise contol was another one of the associated problems along with the airbag light and/or A/C.

Send JeepTech01 a PM or maybe he'll see this. Most Chryler service tech are aware of problems across the brand.

SirFuego
06-24-2010, 02:32 PM
I was thinking that everything was probably connected in some way by a module that's probably a pretty penny to replace. I drove home from Rome, NY (about 185 miles) with the airbag light on yesterday. Radio, A/C, cruise, lights, etc. all worked like a champ. It's an itermittent problem and it usually goes away by restarting the engine once or twice.

I was just trying to assess if it's a possible sign of a bigger problem given Chrysler's phenomenal history of electrical issues. Hopefully one of the dealer folk will chime in.

1fox2go
06-24-2010, 02:52 PM
Let me see what my pops says...Get back with you shortly

1fox2go
06-24-2010, 04:44 PM
My Dad said the clock spring in the steering wheel could be the culprit...