PDA

View Full Version : LaSall Mountain trip!

Stealth Crawler ZJ
03-01-2010, 12:34 PM
My friend and I are going to trek the mountains in September if anyone is interested let me know.
Has anyone been up there that could give me some tips on the trail cause I might bring the trailer.

Cody
03-01-2010, 01:38 PM
Up above Moab? Which trails? There are probably 100+ miles of different roads up there. everything I've been on has been essentially graded, but we hit it after a big storm and it was probably the muddiest road I have ever been on in my life.

DaveB
03-02-2010, 09:57 AM
My son and I went up there on one of our trips a year or so ago. We went up to Geyser Pass then down to a small lake to fish for dinner. We then went around the back side of Mount Peale and down the LaSall pass trail back to Moab. It is very nice up there and most of the roads are graded and you won't have much trouble with a trailer. The side trail to the lake we went to and the Pass trail are fun trails but you wouldn't want to take your trailer down them. I would attach some pictures but I'm not priveleged enough.

alcap
04-28-2010, 07:48 AM
I spent about a week in that area in late August '08. As the others have said, the roads were generally in very good condition, but there were LOTS of ATV's. Like everywhere.
But it is a beautiful area and shouldn't be a big challenge to get around.

Stealth Crawler ZJ
04-28-2010, 04:31 PM
my trailer is off road-ready with 31-10.5-15 so unless the trail is super extreme it normally handles the off-road quite well!

http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=32&pictureid=218