PDA

View Full Version : While my ZJ is still my DD for now...

YouTubeFamousGuy
02-24-2010, 04:01 PM
There's a couple of things I am trying to find out why my cruise control won't work. All of the fuses are still good, is there a module that I need to replace?

Also my windshield wipers will only work in the 1 speed mode, if I put it on intermittent then it stays the same speed. The only time is when I put them on low or high is there a difference.

I'm rushed for time today but I figured I can go ahead and ask and maybe come back later and have a response for this. What's the max tire size I can get away with without having to trim my fenders or put a lift kit on? I saw a great deal on some tires that I'm going to pick up, but I wasn't sure. I'll prolly try and put them on just to see how much I need to go. They are 31" x 13.5" swampers.

ATL ZJ
02-24-2010, 04:04 PM
Make sure you don't have a vacuum leak. That will also cause it to not work.

moparrr07
03-01-2010, 12:45 AM
the cruise problem, if not a vacuum leak like stated would probly be the steering wheel switches, that would need to be checked with a scan tool to cheak for can voltages

wipers are most likely the multyfunction switch, its just common, could be many more things though

1fox2go
03-01-2010, 02:49 PM
Wiper delay is because the intermittent wiper module, its by the pedals, velcroed to the under the dash and to the left of the brake pedal

pull it off, unplug, plug in one from junkyard, should work, id grab 2 from the yard just in case the first is bad. They are like 10 bucks here

KevLaredo
04-02-2010, 01:18 AM
On the CC Press the switch three times in a row and ill bet you it comes on. I had the same problem and most ZJ's do. For some reason just have to press it three times.

Hurricane 4x4
04-02-2010, 08:43 AM
my old zj had picky switches. you had to press the on button real hard sometimes to get it to come on. I mean really mash it with your thumb. if its a 96 or newer you had the same switches I did...

Ken L
04-02-2010, 09:59 AM
What's the max tire size I can get away with without having to trim my fenders or put a lift kit on? I saw a great deal on some tires that I'm going to pick up, but I wasn't sure. I'll prolly try and put them on just to see how much I need to go. They are 31" x 13.5" swampers.

These tires are going to hit everywhere when your Jeep is stock with no trimming. Because of the width they're going to hit the back of the fender opening when you turn, and forget about flexing at all.